How Would You Improve The Site?

since i only have had a handful with none panning out over the last few months, i mark them best entry hoping the ch made a mistake, kinda saying uhh my entrries still here, don’t give up on it yet (BTW that has’nt worked)

Imma rootin for ya a big turn-around seez -o- buddy- o-pal :laughing::laughing:you are an elite in my :eyes:…never ever ever give up! !!

4got to add my shortlist/ loves and likes are VERY minor compared to you and several other elites like you!

1 Like

The only thing about that is I have had ratings shortlisted,then unshortlisted, than shortlisted again. So you might be cheating yourself out of a potential win if you delete a love it. Something just to think about…

5 Likes

@hollygirl
I understand it isn’t wise…as I mentioned somewhat above, my high rated names just don’t cut it 99%(seems like)of the time. So when I do get bumpt off doing what I do (deleting) is the only way I can deal with it. Another reason is they never get rerated, get rejected on marketplace, some get registered (whether deleted or not) …personally I just like to get over it quickly (if I don’t see it) I don’t relive it! !

1 Like

It’s a process, you rate, you shortlist, you narrow it down to a manageable number, then you decide. Some people can’t make a final decision, so they ignore the contest. Out of sight out of mind sort of thing. Time passes and they never come back. Or maybe they have a few names they really like and suddenly they get an epiphany and come up with their own unique name they like best of all. Or maybe something else, we will really never know.

Just curious, why are there social media links on NDA (non-disclosure agreement) contest? The point of the agreement is to not mention the contest, right? If so, then sharing the contest would be against the NDA.

Same here, many times. I do think, though, that this happens to everyone more or less equally. It also happened before shortlisting. Loves to likes to NTYs.

1 Like

I’ve often wondered about that too

@Marye5 - Thank you for your ideas regarding an archive function on the My Entries tab. We will take this into consideration.

3 Likes

I am not sure if this is the right thread…but I was thinking…in order to help speed up the picking a winner process for the CH, maybe we should have the right to register our name after 30 days of submitting it if a winner hasn’t been chosen in that contest (and it be communicated to the CH in the rules)? :thinking: Or is that something we already can do, and I am clueless. Hmmm.

You can register your names any time you want. You may want to withdraw it from a contest but you can register your names any time.

1 Like

Im not sure about that if you entered it into a constest, got a love then bought it yourself…I think that may be against the rules

I think you can register it any time as long as it hasn’t won a contest. If you got a love it, you may want to see if it wins the contest first…but if you think it’s a good name, you may want to register it to protect it.

1 Like

you would have to agree to sell it at the contest price if they wanted it though, still not sure its allowed

Johnny,
I’m sure @Grant will correct me if I am wrong about this but here are rules associated with names:

• All names you submit to contests are your intellectual property, not the CH’s
  • CHs do not have the right to claim any name in a contest as theirs unless they pay the creative for it
  • SH encourages us to register our names
  • If you submit one of your registered domains to a contest, you have to turn it over to the CH who chooses it as the winner, regardless of the prize in the contest and you cannot ask for more than that.
  • Contestants can withdraw name ideas from any contest at any time, making it unavailable to be chosen

Therefore, you can register any of your names, any time you want, because they are your intellectual property and do not belong to any CH.

However, best practice would be that you would notify the CH that you registered the name (or, you can withdraw it and re-enter it as a registered domain, either way). You take a chance that the CH won’t like that and will choose a name that is not already registered. OR, you can withdraw the name and therefore take it off the table as an option for the CH to choose as the winner.

SH would most likely “discourage” you from registering a name that is in the running for a win, simply because the CH might not like that you did it and SH wouldn’t want an unhappy customer. But to my knowledge, there is no rule that says you cannot do it.

PS: I have never done this and you should Bluebutton before doing it if you have a question

1 Like

In that case I think there probably should be :wink: if I was a ch I would be a bit miffed to find the person entering the name they liked had bought it themselves

By the way why do a few of the contest titles not match up with the brief.

1 Like

I was just coming here to ask the same question, Johnny! It seems that CHs are using pre-made categories and they are really off-based. This is a problem because the type of contest matters (at a glance) for me, anyway, to decide if I am going to pursue it.

1 Like

Honestly, Johnny, I don’t think there should be. These are our names, our intellectual property. If it became a problem for SH, I suppose… but it most likely isn’t a problem.

the main one I noticed was for cosmetics which turned out to be hair but there are quite a few others

1 Like