How Would You Improve The Site? (Cont'd)

Porti,
SH is always open to constructive ideas for improvement and of course you can post them. Nobody would say otherwise and you know that is not what I said.

But of course you already know, that is not what you posted and you knew it when you posted it. And it really isn’t just about ME or my son. It is about the entire post and the entire bash of the team.

But, if you reviewed your post and still stand by your words, that is up to you. It could have been reworded for a more effective outcome.

5 Likes

The review process for marketplace domain really slow till domain registered by somebody else and on sale now at other marketplace. Sigh just.

5 Likes

To improve the site I would get rid of the option for contest holders to request a dot com with the exact match!! I always felt it to be so stupid since the reason they come on the site is to find a great name. Squad help should simply tell them focus on the name and figure out the url after. The reason being I think every contest that requests this so many creatives are so hung up on finding a name with the exact url which leads to crappy entries and the contest holder not happy with what’s being submitted!

3 Likes

But… Then how will they request strong, 1-2 syllable real word 6 letters max name with exact match available stock price domain for $100 prize?

13 Likes

But… Then how will they request strong, 1-2 syllable real word 6 letters max name with exact match available stock price domain for $100 prize?

I stay away from these anymore. Not enough skin in the game. Sorry. That’s not fair, in my opinion and never has been. We’ve brought it up that certain things should not be allowed at certain prices before or even without the package of having SH help admin the contest, but it’s never gotten far. Still happens. And I feel contributing to such only encourages it even more. Creative, by large respect the CHs and SH. I think it should be a returned respect that some things are possible but the amount of work that it would require goes above and beyond what a lot of the prize would end up being and even then, everyone except one person is doing this for free.

10 Likes

Simply stay away from those contest or submit premium domain for them. Honestly, SH is becoming frustrating recently in terms of winning, 4 months and still counting without a single win for a person like me who has no other job except SH :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

8 Likes

Welcome to my world as well. The struggle here is real😪

5 Likes

Yep - 10 months for me. Which if you look at my “stats” it says won 1 in the last 6 months, yet see the contests listed under me, it clearly shows the last win in Sept. 2019 – so those stats are off as well

4 Likes

I know how you feel bro. I haven’t won since march. But thanks to the opportunity that SH has given me to be part of the designing team that designs domains…I still do contests but I hardly pay attention to them. The payout for designing domains is a lot more than contest wins overall in a month except for some creatives who win large amounts more than 3 times in a month…I normally before average 1 win a month but since this designing of domains started, Lol I haven’t won one…SH and @grant thank you for the opportunity to be part of the design team, I can never take it for granted.

6 Likes

Agree! In the (just over) a year I have been on SH, I have certainly noticed CHs getting more and more cranky that they are not getting what they hoped for. I have seen way more messages from the CH posted on the contest page, saying things like “I’m so disappointed…”, or “Nothing works so far…” or “Everyone here is wasting my time…”. Of course, that last quote is something that works in both directions…

4 Likes

This is very unfair! An extremely talented team works here, and if the brief is filled out fully and the customer actively communicates with the authors, then any disappointments are simply excluded! I am very sorry for such statements. It is impossible to get a masterpiece if you have not put enough effort into making the performers understand what is required of them.

8 Likes