How Would You Improve The Site? (Cont'd)

"We have heard back from our team. Accordingly, this feature has been removed. There’s no option now to submit a domain variation under the same entry. Please let us know if we can help with anything else. "

5 Likes

Thanks, Litto. Unfortunately, with the removal of this function, it is no longer possible to offer the CH a domain with one and the same word. And if the customer asks for the GetWord.com or GoWard.com, then the contest turns into a lottery, where several creatives can submit the same name. In addition, this is a big minus for domainers who can offer their domain and the same name with a suffix, giving the contest holder the choice to buy a domain or use its variation for now, and then return to the SH and buy the original domain

8 Likes

Agree. If I offer name XXXX, and marketplace domain XXXX.com, and someone offers GetXXXX and stock domain GetXXXX.com he might win. What I always did with marketplace domains is offer a few variations, GetXXXX.com, GoXXXX.com etc, based on CH preferences. Now, as you said, it’s a lottery. I don’t see what the problem was with multiple domain options.
Also, sometimes CH requires multiple domains available, .com .co .io etc. We can’t post all in one submission now

6 Likes

I suspect that those with a low percentile have abused and offfered several different,names iin one entry. Or it was done to reduce the amount of site data. But in the first case, SH team can introduce a strict punishment for those who submit different names in one entry. In the second case, the team needs to look for other ways to optimize the space.

3 Likes

That’s just wrong! This feature was perfect for contests where a CH wanted variations or we had the same name to offer with variations. SH, please bring it back!

16 Likes

Thanks for sharing the reply Dino. REALLY unfortunate. HUGE step in the wrong direction SH.
@grant what is the reason for this?

8 Likes

"Our team found that some CH’s were unable to understand the difference between the submissions.

I do apologize for any inconvenience. "

2 Likes

The multiple domain submission within the same entry has been removed for few different reasons:

• This feature was leading to performance issues when loading the contest pages on the website
  • Several creatives were submitting unrelated domains in this section leading to confusion
  • The report domain feature does not work properly when any of the secondary domains are registered
  • The premium domains do not come across as premium if they are submitted as one of the secondary entries.

While we understand that this feature is beneficial, the risks and issues associated with this feature currently outweigh the benefits, which is why we have removed it for now. We may revisit this in future if we can come up with a better mechanism to handle this

3 Likes

If that is the case we must have clear info from CH if he prefers stock domains to marketplace, that changes everything regarding our entries. Many CHs don’t even know marketplace domains can be submitted to their contest. As you can see from comments, many if not all top tier creatives see this change as negative.

7 Likes

Grant, personally, I do not agree that the risks outweigh the benefits. This feature was vital. Necessary. A must have. Please revisit it ASAP, instead of the future. CHs ask for multiple domain extensions all the time. We constantly have variations on names. This just isn’t workable. Please put it on the priority fix list.

13 Likes

This is REALLY a bad move. So now when a CH want the .com & the .org & the .io we can only enter one. Then the CH will have to go and manually check if the others are available. They already get overwhelmed with entries as it is, now they will get more frustrated as some people will only enter the .io and CH will like a name, only to manually check and see the other one or two are not available. This will lead to a lot of unhappy clients. When they could see all three at one swoop, they were able to quickly move on to rate more entries, not having to verify the other url’s first.

12 Likes

Hi Grant, Good points.
Maybe you could automatically move any premium submission even if put in as the second/third related domain/s to the first place (so it can display with the premium name button) - this way no creative can abuse the system.
Secondly programmatically the submissions could be checked to see if they have similar terms but this might be a bigger task :slight_smile: Or as a stop gap creatives should be warned if they are found to submit unrelated names.
Report domain feature has to be available for the second and third names too. This is one big concern for sure.

2 Likes

Agreed many ch want suffix variation, few example like ending with capital, wealth, wealthmanagement. Ie westcapital / westwealthmanagement, westwealth, just letting them know if other variation also available.

4 Likes

Porti,
Everyone lashes out when they are under some stress and I imagine that is what is happening for you. I just did it, in fact, on Facebook, because of the R word you just used and how that word hurts my son.

That said, your post is unbelievably offensive and inappropriate. And no, I have no idea who you are talking about behind the blue button and I interact with them a LOT. They have all been helpful 100% of the time.

Hopefully, you are not talking about automatic messages with links that are sent when you send a question. I imagine you aren’t. But sometimes the BB people are really busy and maybe they feel sending you a link will answer your question.

The BB crew has been extremely busy and I imagine they have had to answer questions of competing priorities and do a lot of triage to answer customer questions first. Maybe someone is out sick?

You should consider deleting this post, really. It’s just so offensive.

9 Likes

Thank you for bringing this up- I wasn’t sure of how to react to this appropriately… I was extremely offended as well.

I second this. They hear A LOT from me… and I haven’t had Porti’s experience.

5 Likes

Can we please stop this- posting a question in the public messages, getting a response, then erasing the original message?
It isn’t fair to everyone else that comes on later and sees a blank post with an out of context response.
I don’t think the creative I’m referring to uses the forum… but just please. It’s getting old.

5 Likes

Cheers! :no_mouth: 70000 wordsl

1 Like

Hi @Commulinks
If I, somehow , offended YOU or your son, I sincerely apologise for it. It wasn’t my intention at all. Also, I have no idea about your son problems. Regarding my post, I won’t delete it. I have the right to complain about things related to ME.If you want to report it, by all means, do it.
I won’t be here from now on. Do as you please. :slightly_smiling_face:

Im also taking offense to your statement. My son is mentally disabled and has dealt with ignorant comments his whole life. And what does a link have to do with intelligence anyways???
I would suggest in the future that you not post derogatory comments. You will find more than a few of us here have special needs children or family memebers and will not tolerate it.

Now, the reason a link pops up it because the system recognized what you were asking (your probably not the first or last to ask your question) and gives a link where you can find the answer, most of the time.
You wouldnt believe how many “Normal” people dont read the help or FAQ or handbooks before they BB a question. Even though a link is sent to you…the BB team will still reply when they get a chance.

6 Likes

Porti,
SH is always open to constructive ideas for improvement and of course you can post them. Nobody would say otherwise and you know that is not what I said.

But of course you already know, that is not what you posted and you knew it when you posted it. And it really isn’t just about ME or my son. It is about the entire post and the entire bash of the team.

But, if you reviewed your post and still stand by your words, that is up to you. It could have been reworded for a more effective outcome.

5 Likes