How Would You Improve The Site? (Cont'd)

The three day thing has been applying with me too. I thought it was because I was mobile and maybe just missing it.

To SH’s logo team: When you create a logo for a name that starts with iLL, you need to use a different font so it is clear that the name is iLL, not lll - I have one with this problem and I just saw another one.

@november Previously we used to send unscreened offers to sellers. Now, when an offer is received, we immediately do some additional screening to make sure the buyer is serious. This involves making an initial contact with the buyer and confirming their offer. As soon as the status is confirmed, it is visible in your dashboard. If the offer is a confirmed to be from a serious buyer, you also receive an email immediately after the screening. The screening process can sometimes take few days if we are unable to hear back from the buyer.

@grant So then why is there a delay on entry messages?

Same thing with messages from CH’s comment on an entry. I get a red dot on my “envelope” mail notification only to find it was sent 3 days prior.

Can you please share specific examples of this issue via blue button? There should not be any delays in the envelope feature however it is possible that the red dot is not appearing in certain pages of the website which use the old navigation. if there are specific examples you can share, I am sure our team will be able to fix them.

I will have to wait for the next one, but will report it as soon as it happens again.

I have suggestion for the cha Ching…could squad help do it like two days before the end of the month instead of on the last day so people have the money before the first of the month?

I’ve no idea about how to improve the sight. The thing disturbing me are the amount of CH not rating or even returning for days, if ever. We (or I) put hours into one name through research, sense, and reading over and over again. Why do they up and disappear? Wish I knew. I realize this is part of the deal but it seems to happen more frequently. Any ideas, advice, or knowledge would be appreciated. Thx. SM

I urge SH team to do the sorting domains in alphabetical order on Creativer’s Names For Sale. Sometimes some domains disappear from this page and it’s almost impossible to find out exactly what was missing among hundreds of domains.

I have two suggestions.

I. Sort the names in “Brand Names For Sale” according to the final price rather than list price. :hourglass_flowing_sand:
Currently, when we try to sort names in “Brand Names For Sale” according to the price, it is getting sorted according to the list price rather than the price after discount. I think it must be the other way because what they are paying is all a buyer care about.

II. Include an option to add links and logos with new domain submissions and reviews. :hourglass_flowing_sand:
Some domains looks substandard at first glance. Especially when you can’t spent too much time on a single domain due to the high number of submissions each day.
But we can provide you relevant reference links and logos (which the designers can use as a reference) if already created with new domain submissions and reviews to prove the otherwise. You can save a lot of time too.

@grant

Looks like this name has already won in a previous contest. I feel bother by this notification, because sometimes the business maybe very much different than the previous winning name, ie Nova , winning name for consulting, then another contest might be in different field, ie gaming, cryptocurrency, or even cosmetics.

I also find it a little strange. It was possible to establish a moratorium on reuse of the name, for example, for a period of one month.

Following up the posts on “This name has won a previous contest (so you can’t submit it)”, I also find it very odd if the submissions are in a totally different business field. Even the Trademarks office allows the same name to be trademarked multiple times as long as the class/goods & services are different. Think of “Delta”, trademarked for both an airline and kitchen tap manufacturer.

A related comment is that several times I have checked on some of the “preferred naming style” lifestyle images at the bottom of a contest page, only to find the domain has been dropped and is now available. I would love to be able to submit some of these but of course I get the “previously won” message.

I agree that sometimes, if a name has won for an entirely different type of contest, it should still be available to submit. I disagree though about allowing creatives to submit names from the lifestyle images chosen by the CH, even if they are available now. We are not supposed to submit any names listed in the “names we like” area of the brief, and the lifestyle images should fall into the same category. Otherwise, the contest just becomes a race to see who can find an example name with an available domain. I don’t feel that would be fair, or ethical.

I agree that we should be able to use a name if it is in a different industry as well. I mean, look in the marketplace, we have about 50 different “Avrio” names for sale there. I also see names in the market place that are just flip-flops of each other. Without using a real name, a made up example is: Grace & Glory, then there is also Glory & Grace. It doesn’t seem like rules are the same all around.

One of my Basic plus domains won a contest 5-6 months ago, but the buyer didn’t purchase the domain. Now I can’t submit this name in the contests. I think SQ should change that, so we can submit our domains/winners in all contests,

Yes you can submit them, November. SH allows it in these cases. Add a period after your name and the system will allow it.

Squadhelp told me: "The Squadhelp System will not allow you to submit names that have previously won a contest. "
They should change that… :frowning:

I found that domains are not displayed in the creative’s domain portfolio through public page, including mine

I reported this yesterday @Edukar