How Would You Improve The Site? (Cont'd)

I am wondering @Grant if there is a problem somewhere with CHs seeing public messages. It’s really strange… for example, I saw one recently where at least 5 contestants asked questions and then later the CH posted a public message, but never even acknowledged the questions that were asked. Is it possible they see something different on their phones, and don’t see the public messages? When I ran a contest, I saw them but I use a laptop. And I seem to recall I didn’t get emails when there was a message posted. I could be wrong about that. Is it possible for SH to test this somehow? I really feel like this is somehow about the CHs not seeing/getting the public messages. Thanks.

Good point @Commulinks! The messaging needs some TLC for sure.

I agree and wrote about this in a seperate post about a month ago. One of the things I suspect is happening, is messages from SH are going straight to people’s “junk folder”. I’ve been with SH for over a year and still find messages ending up there instead of my inbox even though I mark them ‘not junk’. I also made the suggestion to have a pop up with something like: “You have messages” which doesn’t disappear until messages are read or responded to. I would think most people use phones on the run, so the more user friendly it can be made on the phone, the better.

I noticed I don’t get notifications anymore when a name has been “un-shortlisted” and I am wondering if SH can fix that.

Lucky you, you still get shortlisted :smiley:

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

We already have a page devoted to show the winning submissions of contests. Not just names, but logos, taglines, and other such things. This can be found at the: https://www.squadhelp.com/winners page. If you’re wanting a full list aside from this, this may not be possible and you wouldn’t receive every name, anyhow. Some CHs ask for the name to not be released and with recent contests, sometimes names aren’t released until domain and/or trademarking is acquired as it helps to protect the name.

But, maybe SH could provide lists. I don’t see how new creatives need more than what I’ve already provided and information that can already be found across the site. In some cases, new creatives have access to a lot more information than a lot of others who have joined further in the past had. I think you’ll be able to use the information that can be found and use the brief to come up with ideas just like the rest of us have done.

I am against posting old winning names in a list. It’s OK to have winners displayed for some time, but with a list all one should do is take an old name, alter it a little and voila, instant name generator. It would result in names that combine previous wins. As if people already don’t use too many name generators in contests…