How Would You Improve The Site? (Cont'd)

I think SH should limit the amout of “Love It” and “Like It” ratings a CH is allowed to give, per contest. I mean, how can a CH TRULY love more than 100 entries?!? Either he has no idea what “love it” means or he has no idea what he is looking for!
SH should limit the amout of top ratings, for example with percentagens. For example, a CH would be allowed to “Love” up to 5% of the entries, and “Like” up to 15% of the entries. That would force them to REALLY think about entries and not just rate 250 as “Love it”!

7 Likes

I really do not see what the problem is with a CH loving or liking 10 or 100 names. It’s his/ her contest. Even if they love all the entries submitted, so be it. At the end of it all, there will be only one winner. If a creative finds they are not happy with a contest with too many loves and shortlists, then the best thing would be to move on to the next. IMHO It does not auger well to limit CHs in how many they can like or not, shortlist or not…etc

6 Likes

I agree with you, Soni. And I think it will cause problems for CHs as well. When they hit the
“wall” they might not understand why and have to rely on SH support to figure it out.

3 Likes

I noticed when I ran my logo contest that every prompt and offer from SH during the contest referred to naming, not logos. I imagine the same happens with taglines. These messages should be tailored to the type of contest the CH is running.

Hi @Soni, The problem is that these names then get blocked for creatives from posting to other contests that they could potentially win and the block is for many weeks or months. Get the picture?? Only if the CH is serious about the name should they shortlist it. That’s the point here, not to restrict their enthusiasm. :slight_smile: A maximum number of shortlisted names (blocked names) makes them focus on the best and will help them narrow down their options. I also think that this and some other time bound rules would make CHs more inclined to award the contests rather than abandoning them. Another solution which can make it easy for both sides is that the block should be in place only for a week or two and then we should be free to submit these names.

Edit: I also feel Shortlisted names should get more points than just love it names. Maybe more points for every day they stay on the CHs shortlist. Dunno, just some sort of compensation for them being blocked.

I would also like to suggest that the basic contests be more time bound than the higher costing ones. For example the $90 prize ones could have a 7-10 day decision making limit right upto 2 months for the largest ($450+) prizes.

5 Likes

On the topic of shortlisting…this is a quote from the Contest Holder Starter Pack…
"You can add as many entries in your shortlist as you like, but we recommend that you whittle down your final list to 6 favorite entries. "

3 Likes

Thank you @LisaMac
Posting that had crossed my mind yesterday… BC I was thinking I had read something about keeping shortlists down to 6-wasnt 100% with my memory;)

1 Like

I feel that SH should just stop blocking our names period. That would solve it. This is a first come, first-served kind of situation in my mind. The chances of 2 CHs choosing the same name are very very slim and unless it has happened a LOT, I think SH should eliminate this barrier because you are right, the shortlists do hold up our names and that shouldn’t be.

13 Likes

@grant Would it be possible for us to get an email when an Contest is Cancelled?
Like others, I don’t realize that some contests I entered are non-guaranteed and I would like to know when cancelled.

3 Likes

Mine loved, went into audience testing, then it got registered, I reported it, then the next day I saw it on the winning name page… for someone else in a different competition. Not sure if I’m on the same page but had to share lol.

2 Likes

Countdown timer - days left until contest is split-awarded by SH. Good for creatives so we know when to expect the split, and good for CH to motivate him to award the contest.
Edit: Every time award is postponed, there is an explanation why and timer is set to new value.

5 Likes

Oh my gosh…what are the chances. It must have been a great name :slight_smile: and a bit of a shock.

2 Likes

That happened to me too! ( for a $500 contest too…ouch!). Someone else registered and won a $200 contest with my exact name,the same day the CH of my contest asked why my name they wanted to choose was no longer available.

3 Likes

I would love for there to be some sort of mini-lessons on how to get started with creative owned names. I’m considering venturing into this given all the changes on SH and new opportunities for creative owned names in the marketplace. But I’m not feeling comfortable or confident venturing into the unknown and would not want to do things wrong. I would guess some other Creatives are in a similar situation.

5 Likes

@grant Any chance you guys are planning on offering domain landing pages that don’t open in your website? Meaning when I type in domain.com I’m not taken to your site?
Dan.com has a clean template that I like and Sedo.com just announced their new templates. It seems to be an offering everywhere else but here.
Right now your landing pages are too cluttered and SquadHelp specific. Not immediately distracting with other names or starting a contests allows the buyer to realize 'this name is for sale…it could be mine…I want it” thus more sales!

1 Like

I think it’s probably time the “My Listings” page is reorganized to show the listings first and the submission buttons/info/links after or with hide/open sections (I don’t see why all that info should be at the top). It might be a small niggle but please note that we have to keep scrolling down to see the actual listings every single time. This is especially needed for those with big Basic and Basic Plus portfolios that we can’t reach via one click. Would be awesome if we didn’t have to go back to admin all the time by having a domain picker that shows all our listings via a tiny button next to the Domain Name box in the “submit your entry” form in contests. Tiny timesavers that would really help us all. I actually use a spreadsheet right now just to save a few mins. :frowning: Hope these get approved and added to your updates soon. Thanks.

3 Likes

Could SH include a check box or something to indicate in the brief if the CH would like all of the domains they have listed to be available or they if they only require one of the domains. I don’t want to waste my time or their time if they require all of the domains and I am only submitting one. Often if the .com is available they all are but it sure would be helpful to know this information. Thanks.

10 Likes

“I only want a short name, 10 characters or less” How about changing that default for CHs to “11 characters or less” especially when they want real word compound names.

3 Likes

I would like the option to “Setup Automatic Payment Transfers” to become automatically inactive during the Cha-Ching process. That way the automatic payment would only become re-activated after the end of Cha-Ching. It would garantee the first $25 (plus) payment would not set an automatic withdraw request (blocking any other amounts from beeing included in that same request) until the end of Cha-Ching.

6 Likes

Tier A Creatives Idea

Make the number of us max 100. New pool every month, created in a simple way:
50 with top best overall percentage score all-time & 50 from all of Tier A who had best previous month.

A lot of Tier A only contests gets number of entries which were used to “reserved” only for those of 400-500$+. Just simply thinking that Tier A became kind of watered down in last year or two. I don’t know if this idea is good or bad, just wanted to put it out there for a discussion.

I’m not commenting the way new creatives can become Tier A today. :slight_smile:

1 Like