How Would You Improve The Site? (Cont'd)

I have two suggestions.

I. Sort the names in “Brand Names For Sale” according to the final price rather than list price. :hourglass_flowing_sand:
Currently, when we try to sort names in “Brand Names For Sale” according to the price, it is getting sorted according to the list price rather than the price after discount. I think it must be the other way because what they are paying is all a buyer care about.

II. Include an option to add links and logos with new domain submissions and reviews. :hourglass_flowing_sand:
Some domains looks substandard at first glance. Especially when you can’t spent too much time on a single domain due to the high number of submissions each day.
But we can provide you relevant reference links and logos (which the designers can use as a reference) if already created with new domain submissions and reviews to prove the otherwise. You can save a lot of time too.

@grant

Looks like this name has already won in a previous contest. I feel bother by this notification, because sometimes the business maybe very much different than the previous winning name, ie Nova , winning name for consulting, then another contest might be in different field, ie gaming, cryptocurrency, or even cosmetics.

I also find it a little strange. It was possible to establish a moratorium on reuse of the name, for example, for a period of one month.

Following up the posts on “This name has won a previous contest (so you can’t submit it)”, I also find it very odd if the submissions are in a totally different business field. Even the Trademarks office allows the same name to be trademarked multiple times as long as the class/goods & services are different. Think of “Delta”, trademarked for both an airline and kitchen tap manufacturer.

A related comment is that several times I have checked on some of the “preferred naming style” lifestyle images at the bottom of a contest page, only to find the domain has been dropped and is now available. I would love to be able to submit some of these but of course I get the “previously won” message.

I agree that sometimes, if a name has won for an entirely different type of contest, it should still be available to submit. I disagree though about allowing creatives to submit names from the lifestyle images chosen by the CH, even if they are available now. We are not supposed to submit any names listed in the “names we like” area of the brief, and the lifestyle images should fall into the same category. Otherwise, the contest just becomes a race to see who can find an example name with an available domain. I don’t feel that would be fair, or ethical.

I agree that we should be able to use a name if it is in a different industry as well. I mean, look in the marketplace, we have about 50 different “Avrio” names for sale there. I also see names in the market place that are just flip-flops of each other. Without using a real name, a made up example is: Grace & Glory, then there is also Glory & Grace. It doesn’t seem like rules are the same all around.

One of my Basic plus domains won a contest 5-6 months ago, but the buyer didn’t purchase the domain. Now I can’t submit this name in the contests. I think SQ should change that, so we can submit our domains/winners in all contests,

Yes you can submit them, November. SH allows it in these cases. Add a period after your name and the system will allow it.

Squadhelp told me: "The Squadhelp System will not allow you to submit names that have previously won a contest. "
They should change that… :frowning:

I found that domains are not displayed in the creative’s domain portfolio through public page, including mine

I reported this yesterday @Edukar

This issue has now been resolved. We have upgraded our search feature with some additional capabilities and that changed caused a temporary issue in the creative’s domain portfolio page.

We will be making a change to allow previously winning names to be submitted to contests, as long as it has been more than 4 months since it won previously. We will announce when this change is live (likely in the next 1-2 weeks).

Will names given as examples by CHs (either in the brief text or by selected lifestyle images) still be off-limits, or is that rule changing as well?

We will update further clarification about these changes when they are implemented however any names publicly shared by CHs will continue to be off limits. If the CH has already liked a name, and they have shared it as an example, we believe it is unfair to submit that exact name to the CH.

Thank you! That was the only reservation I had. Sounds like a great update for everyone.

Somewhere along the line, they told us we could on our marketplace names that won contests but were not purchased. I can’t remember when, but I have been subbing mine all along and there hasn’t been a problem. I only have one of them now because the other sold.

Hi. Mnnnn, I think our clients need more guidance on their briefs, so thag we have more guidance. I think everyone would bebetter served bymorequesyions. Such as, what words do you hate? D Dwhre will your business be located? All the usual questions creatives try to ask in a search for the right name…sigh ALSO, while I understand the need for limiting submissions not overwhelm them etc…something is amiss. I feel like we over corrected or corrected incorrectly (hmnn like our laws, politics)…for one thing, we can still withdraw and rebmit, without limit it seems, which is still more work for client and many will tell you they have won on a no ty and 2, we all know clients are emotionally vested, so I would like to see either a question like of all the 20 things you want, which would you most like empasized? 3. Perhaps contests should be done in phases, phase one names like x phase 2 like x, with limits on each different phase.

Ugh zutugh sorry kindle changes every word when I ttype fast

Sometimes I see lifestyle images with names that I sold in the marketplace still being advertised as for sale by Squadhelp on Facebook. I saw Blushdoll today, for instance. I’d like to see current available names get that exposure.