How Would You Improve The Site? (Cont'd)

@grant I do not use 3rd party domain checkers when entering names into your contests. I ONLY go to check the WhoIs at a 3rd party site because SH keeps showing the name as taken and needs the info to report it, but then there is nothing to report because the name is available but SH shows it as not. I also am not talking about the name being taken by any site, I am talking about entering the name, it says it’s available, but as soon as it uploads to the CH’s list of entries, it immediately shows RED as says NOT available, when it really is. It gets embarrassing (and time consuming) to have to keep putting a caveat message to the CH on those entries telling them that Squadhelp has a glitch and the name is really available.

4 Likes

@grant Any plan to add transferwise as a payment? After all the recent issue with payoneer a lot of people are changing

1 Like

This part of the message was not specifically intended for you. The goal of this message was to inform everyone (especially new creatives) about potential risks involved in using third party domain check/ name generator sites.

4 Likes

@ARX Unfortunately at this point we do not have any active plans to add additional payout options. However we may explore additional options in the future.

1 Like

Hi,
wholesale marketplace suggestion: please consider adding a “watch and notify” system.
Suppose I am interested in 5-letter domain names, and domain names which contain the word “leaf” inside the domain, and domain names which has the root word “cool”.
Then I create such rules for the wholesale marketplace in my account, and as soon as new domain names appear in the wholesale marketplace which trigger my rules, then I would immediately receive an email from Squadhelp to check out the newly listed domains.
Currently it is a very time consuming process because I have to keep manually checking all the newly listed each and every day.

11 Likes

I don’t get these “AI based recommendations” popping up in my seller dashboard. “your XY domain name may be a good fit for this contest, check it out”. Then I visit that contest, and I can’t even submit my entry, because there is no button to submit my entry. In rare cases when I do see the button to submit my entry, then they are only looking for a business name, not for a domain name. But then why would be my domain name a good fit for that contest, if they don’t even looking for a domain name?

@Darpan @grant
I would like to suggest a new criteria for Tier-A be introduced where: Those who have earned $20000 or more are automatically qualified. This is way more comprehensive than the 20 contest wins I feel as there are some of us who have good portfolios and sales but don’t have time to participate deligently in the contests.

The urgency on this personally for me is unless this is introduced I fear I will loss my Tier-A status as even one contest block or 3-4 “no thanks (to premium)” contests can drop my ratings from 80.9 to below 80. Especially as I mostly only participate in Tier-A contests. Already my ratings dropped from 85 to the current by participating in just 113 contests since June and I only submit 3 or less and upto a maximum of 10 when the client shows interest in any suggestions. There is definitely something wrong here which is skewing our ratings by just suggesting 2-3 suitable premium names. How should we even suggest them then? Seems like a clear catch-22 situation to me which you should review and rectify ASAP. One way you could solve this is by introducing no-penalty levels of submission for say upto first 300 entries per month. Above 300 entries in a month the negative impact with percentage drops should begin. This way it can balance out the system. This will not harm the quality volume submitters as well since they will continue to get positive boosts for every love it.

I would also like to clarify if others submitting our names affects our ratings or premium domain standing? I have turned off this feature wondering if it is true.

Related to this: There is an issue in your earnings reporting system where only what we have withdrawn is displayed as our earnings. Whenever I buy a domain on the marketplace or coins, my balance AND this “Total Earnings” amount has decreased. I’m not sure how this issue was overlooked all these years as our total earnings is simply the sum of our contest wins + cha-ching/awards + domain sales earnings. What you are showing currently is our Total Earnings - Spends.

5 Likes

You are seeing things from your perspective only.
$20.000 = 100 x $200 (average sum used). People who just participate contests would have to win 100 contests to make that amount of money. Maybe it’s easy for domainers to get $20.000 in earnings, but some of us are here mostly for contests (and fun). Squadhelp started as crowdsourcing naming platform and later developed into marketplace, and the change that you are requesting would go against it’s initial purpose.
Your goal is to sell a domain you own, my goal is to find a good name for company/product.
What I suggest is that if someone wins using premium domain owned by another creative, it should count as a win for both creatives (even if CH doesn’t buy the domain). That would motivate people to allow usage of their marketplace domains in contests.

7 Likes

@Avram The suggestion was in addition to the 20 contest wins criteria that is already there. Domain owners also want the CH to find the best names for their company. There is no way they can be shown all suitable premium names by an algorithm as the marketplace is huge, so we as creatives need to be able to fairly suggest names without having to feel weird or restrictive about it. All the Tier-A creatives who have gotten lesser ratings have been hammered for suggesting premium names. Why should it be one against the other? Do you realize we bring in SH around $900 revenue per name sold if $2999 is taken as an average sale price? This is not at all fair for us in this situation is what I am saying.

Things will not affect the crowdsourcing creatives. I have myself won 10 contests and I find them a lot of fun. 3 of them on premium submissions. Most CH do end up using nicely picked available names and few like the premium names. I feel I can’t submit anymore inspite of having generated considerable amount of income for SH. It stresses me out to see my ratings go down honestly when I am a super careful submitter. I usually submit a mix of available and premium name suggestions so I do know both sides of the story. Is this more understandable??

4 Likes

I have the same story. my percentile prevents me from offering more than one premium domain. Although I won three contests in a row with my personal domains. I absolutely agree that it is necessary to ease the conditions for those who bring big profit to the SH team.

3 Likes

@grant can we have the installment option on Basic Plus names please.

They are available on Premium, Basic and WLM, so it’s crazy they are not offered on BP too.

Thanks

5 Likes

… Edited ,…

1 Like

It would help to get points - say 500pts for each domain sold. how’bout it SH?

3 Likes

I think it’s high time to get more than 500 points for every domain sold! Not all domainers take part in contests, so they need to be rewarded with more points for the profit they bring to the SH. A profit that is much higher than the average contest fee. Also, I believe any domain we sell here should raise our percentile.

6 Likes

Yes exactly this! @Edukar. It would be nice to get at least 500-1000 for each sold domains and a raise in percentile to reflect the work we put in with the domain side. Each time I sell a domain it would be nice to get back some points so I could renew another one with those points.

4 Likes

@grant @Darpan Payoneer and Paypal is freaking us out in this part of the world, I guess it’s time to make payments more easier for creatives by adding another payment option probably by connecting our verified bank accounts or through our credit cards (mastercard, visa etc.), it shouldn’t be that difficult since CHs uses this method to pay for their contest set ups. Please do consider this.
Thank You.
BlueSpice

3 Likes

@grant have you read this please?

4 Likes

@AbleBrands We will be adding this shortly

5 Likes

@grant. You guys are stars, thank you!

1 Like

@grant @Darpan have you read this?

1 Like