How should we select winners for unawarded contests?

@Dan you may want to send this out to every creative in squadhelp land because many do not come here. I am also very confused as I thought this decision had already been made and we were waiting to see how it plays out ???

@ChristyMay The discussion in this thread started over 2 years ago.

It’s an old thread that has been bumped back up to the top again.

Thanks @AbleBrands …lol… I guess this is why I was so confused :flushed:

1 Like

I see what you are saying Dansma, but if you think about it several creatives were complaining and throwing accusations of favoritism when SH randomly chose winners from just a small pool of high rated creatives in each abandoned contest. If they were to change the policy to picking a random winner among all the creatives in a contest I think that would create more issues with SH being accused of favoritism which is why they changed to the new system in the first place. No disrespect intended I just thought I’d add my 2 cents as to why it may be difficult to do things that way. Not a bad idea though :wink:

2 Likes

What about taking all the contestants who were close to winning (on other shortlists in prior month) and choosing 4 from there?

For example, if there were 3 names on the shortlist and one entry was selected as winner, the other 2 go in the pool.

1 Like

Thank you every one for your ongoing feedback on this topic. While we absolutely love to receive everyone’s feedback, this thread is very dated and might lead to confusion that we are looking to change our winner selection policy yet again :slight_smile:

Therefore, I am closing this thread. However if you do have some suggestions for improvements, you can certainly start a new thread, or share with us directly.

4 Likes