How long does a contest have to be closed before you just choose a winner?

There are two contests that have been closed for well over a month. http://www.squadhelp.com/domainContest/5091/Name_for_an_Eyelash/Beauty_Brand._ This one and this one http://www.squadhelp.com/domainContest/5100/Need_a_new_company_name_for_start_up How long before you just choose a winner?

I would say they will be in the next batch or 2 of best entry nominations, my best guess in the next week or so,

While on Best entry subject, We have 2 full days to nominate best entries correct? I noticed in the last batch a few awarded even before day 2 was up, in certain cases it makes sense in others it seems a little hasty, I don’t want to hold up or slow down the process any longer than need be. Especially for those that don’t see the emails till late or get in a late nomination.

2 Likes

Had the same question. One was posted yesterday and awarded last night.

Where do they post when they are choosing?

If you have email notifications you should get one for that, if not on active page contest on left side you will see a tab that says Pending best entry click that and it should show you all that are open for best entries which cost 50 points to nominate

1 Like

Ok I’ll go take a peek. Thank you!

We typically wait at least 48 hours before selecting a winner after the best entry email notices are sent out . However in case of one recent contest, it appears the winner was selected 40 hours after sending the notice out. Since this process is currently handled manually, it looks like there was a miscalculation of time in this case. We will look at automating this process so that everyone has atleast 48 hours to nominate their best entries.

4 Likes

Thanks Dan ) gives everyone a chance to see it and mark it )

2 Likes

@dan hi, From @seezall
‘active page contest on left side you will see a tab that says Pending best entry click that and it should show you all that are open for best entries which cost 50 points to nominate’
I never realised this was an option until seezall mentioned it, I cannot get this on my phone and I have very limited access to a computer. Is there a link or another way to View this so that myself and other can utilise this option on mobile devices, pretty please :slight_smile:

Thank you @seezall now set notifications, I’ve been missing so much using my phone and not a computer :-/

1 Like

I actually have same problem from my android phone, cant get to the tabs, so best bet then is to have pending contests showing as well as active, if you scroll all the way down, usually ones way toward end of the list are ready for best entry, but they are sporatic. Not sure why I’m helping all of you just more competition, just my nature( )) LOL

1 Like

It’s nice to be nice @seezall

2 Likes

Yes I know)))) I like to lay my head down every night, knowing I was the best “me” that day, I sure do sleep like a baby)

4 Likes

This isn’t exactly on topic here, but I see all the best entry alerts. I don’t understand why the ch lets it go when there is at least one love it rating? I only end up with like it rating or less, therefore I don’t participate in best entry.

I typically look at each contest independently, generally if it looks like the CH rated through an there is only 1 five I don’t use my points, There are cases like the water tagline contest where there was 1 high rating, but that contestant wasn’t very “active” so I did mark (2) of mine in that one, but I did feel they were worthy of being marked. in unrated contests I go back reread the brief, all the comments and see if I have something that fits that I genuinely feel is good enough to be looked at.