How do you stay encouraged on SQUADHELP?

We need a SquadHelp Standup Comedy Show area of the site so @geniuswaitress and @AbleBrands can entertain us. You guys are so funny!!!

5 Likes

I once got a comment that my name sounded like a name chippendale dancers would use when off the books LMAO I didn’t see it and thought about it for days and days and still didn’t and still don’t see it, but it is what it is. Thankfully that CH was laughing about it and the comment made me roll on the floor, but I was like, how are you seeing this? I didn’t say that, of course, I just typed a reply of, “LOL I am so sorry, I will try something away from that.” LOL :joy:

On another note:
For all that have asked, I have started doing logos. Although I will say our logo designers are so incredibly talented, and I definitely don’t think I’m even coming close to the ability they have, but at least I am trying. It’s time consuming and feedback with that side of SH is so very lacking. I thought spending half hour or hour for several good names only to get no feedback was frustrating. Well spending hours literally shaping polygons and random shapes into a logo and then not getting feedback sends you through the roof. I’ll try it once in awhile but for only the ones I think are worth it. Thank you all for your encouragement into me trying, at least, you give and gave me hope to at least put in an effort to see how it goes so thank you all!

6 Likes

Good luck @rareworthy!!

4 Likes

I had a CH tell me my entry sounded like a sneeze…and then I realized they were right lol I couldn’t believe I didn’t catch it myself but it was a good laugh!!

5 Likes

Sounds like “urination”-- that was a fun one.

5 Likes

i am drinking my coconut and i read ur post @geniuswaitress , wewww thats so funny, my glass almost fall loool

6 Likes

Good luck too @rareworthy

4 Likes

I got… makes me think of Sasquatch
That one really did make me laugh.

4 Likes

Ok I should specified a green face when there aren’t 100 others would be good,

3 Likes

It’s always good to be specific when you wish for something! “I wish to have all my entries loved and shortlisted in SEVERAL contests where nobody else is loved or shortlisted.” Tee hee, like that will happen! :grin:

3 Likes

Well, I don’t know much about encouragement but I sure know a lot about discouragement this month. What a lousy month it’s been for me. It’s getting old.

2 Likes

Lol, I got your back on this

1 Like

I have a few ideas for new year resolutions for sh but not sure if it will get me shut down :wink:

1 Like

Day 2 and I am already addicted. I got an on the right track and I have no idea what that means but it wasn’t an I hate it. I need more points so I can submit and see more. :cry: Can some one point me in the right direction? :sweat_smile:

I’ve always loved your entries, Commulinks! There’s just so much competition these days. I’ve started to think of it as a game where the challenge is to get a like or love rating because, G-d knows, you’ll never make a living on this site!

3 Likes

Thank you, @Dmuldawer !!! It has actually gotten so much worse for me since I posted on this string long ago. I used to win 3-4 contests a month. Now, I don’t win even one per month. And you are so right about everything. I pulled way back on participating in contests and now focus mostly on the marketplace, which has gone pretty well. I got REALLY down about not being able to win contests anymore when I was still participating at a high level and I couldn’t win even one, let alone dozens. I win every once in a really great while now. (I mean like once in 6 months!)

I have to admit, though, that part of the reason I wasn’t winning is because of what I was “willing” to submit to contests. That’s a broad statement, but, I really made big changes.

5 Likes

Great! Good Luck. Let me know if you need any help in logo design, I’m not much but maybe I can give some pointers.

2 Likes

This is an off beat question. Does anyone earn through squadhelp affiliate? If yes please share the idea you used.

I added a link to SquadHelp to my LinkedIn page - Someone clicked, and launched a contest as a result, and I earned $45. :sunglasses:

14 Likes

To be honest is never easy especially to some of us when we started the journey as a creative but what I know and have come to understand is, nothing comes easy in life, and for you to be celebrated as hero, you must fight and win. I mean much energy, passion, commitment, love and enthusiasm is require to win so we must not give up. I have join this business since 2019 September as though things didn’t work the way I wish but I have the hope that one day, the storey will change for he better. For no condition is permanent so never give in life! Keep pushing and hopping for the best, for the Bible said weeping may endure in the night, but joy comes in the morning, remember hard time will come same apply to good days for such as is life, sometimes you must be on the mountain and sometimes too you will be in the valley and each and every day with its
challenges and its experience and also take note! your reaction towards challenges of life will depend on your growth and glory because I personally believe whatever I go through is a challenge which has come to shift me from my comfort zone and push me into my success, So nobody should give up especially when you’re going through your dark cloud moment for surely, your light will come one day!! STAY BLESS AND KEEP THE FIRE BURNING

9 Likes