How about free coins after each sale?

I think it would be cool if SH could consider giving some free coins to sellers after each sale. A competitor marketplace gives sellers free credits after each sale. I think it’s a nice gesture and at the same time encourages more submissions from the seller which could be beneficial to SH as well in the long run.

Thanks for the consideration & keep crushing it.

20 Likes

This is a very good idea; it would not hurt to add a percentile increase as well. Selling a domain is much better than a bunch of ephemeral CH estimates. If the potential customer did not open the contest, but immediately bought the name, it means that the creative-domainer did his job with honors.But coins are certainly better

8 Likes

Or a couple free superboosts after a sale. Because currently, once your yearly tier rewards are used up, you have no way to superboost names, even with coins.

10 Likes

@ALDaisy1 Personally I prefer coins. I don’t really know how helpful superboosts are and haven’t used many. I just checked and I have 106 free ones still waiting to be used. Coins can be used for various purposes including boosts (though not in the case you mentioned apparently), so coins should be helpful to everybody in some way or other. I can support a couple of free super boosts too, but coins are definitely my first choice.

4 Likes

@moretal yep, I’m the opposite, I have coins sitting unused because I’m not submitting many new names. Either way, I agree some type of incentive would be nice.

6 Likes

Love these ideas. A hybrid model might actually work, too! Superboosts AND coins - or give us a choice!

8 Likes

Wonderful ideas, you guys!!! @grant, Any feedback from SH about these ideas

4 Likes

Good idea, I second that.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m wondering if the team will give some coins and superboosts to creatives every year for loyalty, like they did last year?

8 Likes

I think it’s important to continue finding ways to encourage those of us who have been here awhile. It may look like we have had many successes, but between those are innumerable rejections. So a coin tossed to us now and then or even a new badge or something is a nice perk.

13 Likes

Absolutely agree! Each of our sales brings income to the SH team too! A some coins should stimulate the domainer. Creatives get points for likes and loves. Domainers should also receive incentives - coins and points!

8 Likes

Yes, yes, YES, yes, yeah, yah, yeah!!!

Thank you for posting that!

7 Likes

Speaking of coins, can anyone help answer these please: Are you able to submit seller-owned names to SH’s premium marketplace without using coins? How long does the review process take when you do use coins to submit?

1 Like

Yes, you can submit names without coins. There is a section in your seller preferences here:
https://www.squadhelp.com/dashboard/marketplace/preferences

The review process with coins is about 7-10 days at the moment.

4 Likes

Yes, you can submit seller owned domains without coins. But be aware that Squadhelp commission would be 35% for some domains.

1 Like

Thanks for your response @AbleBrands. It’s different on my end–I don’t have (and have never had) the option to submit seller-owned domains without coins. I decided to ask here to know if it’s a general issue.

1 Like

@Tickled_Purple, maybe they only allow this once you have a certain amount of names on the market first?

@grant can you help please?

@Phil thanks for your response.

@grant Yes, please. Can you help clarify this?

@Tickled_Purple The free submissions are disabled by default for new accounts. This is because many new creatives (who are not domain investors) end up submitting domains via this method they do not own.

As mentioned in the Yellow banner on your screenshot, please reach out to the support team via chat or via email (service@squadhelp.com) and we will be able to enable free submissions for your account once we confirm that you are a domain investor.

3 Likes