Hello! Top trending creatives?

:grinning:
Can someone explain me what “Top trending creatives” ( bottom right on the contest page) mean? Are those 3 creatives the top 3 on SH?
I am really confused…sorry if this has already been asked before :pensive:

1 Like

The three with the highest ratings currently in the contest. Sometimes there’s a tie, though, so not very accurate.

2 Likes

Thanks @ALDaisy1 :slightly_smiling_face:
It’s really not accurate. For instance, I am “number2” in a certain contest (1 shortlist, 10 HR’s) but…I am not on that list anymore :laughing:
someone else is, even though with half the amount of HR’s
It really doesn’t matter though, I just find it odd
My …crazy “foods for thought” :joy:

2 Likes

I think there’s a time element, too, so if someone gets shortlisted after you, you might be bumped off.

3 Likes

Yep, thanks @ALDaisy1 :innocent:
I know, I know…all makes sense ;).

If there’s a tie, you have a shortlist and so does creative A, and your username is alphabetically after creative A, they rank higher.

6 Likes

Are you sure? I think it’s random if it’s a tie. I should have noticed if it was alphabetical :smiley:

3 Likes

yes…THE 3 CONTESTENT among the contestents who have achieved high ratings from CH .

I’m not sure about the alphabetical part, however this is how I was told it worked a few years ago.
Top trending creatives are the ones with the overall highest rated entries.

One thing to keep in mind is. .even though you can see the amount of high ratings of each participant…if the CH has none shortlisted…you wouldn’t know if those ratings are likes or loves. So you may have 10 HR , let’s say 1 love + 9 likes and the other person has 6 HR, 2 loves + 4 likes. They would be higher up in the trending.
Assuming no one had a shortlist.

So #1 has the most loves & likes & shortlisted entries…then #2 goes to next creative with the highest and so forth.
Same holds true if it’s only likes and ONRT entries.
Not sure if I explained that well enough.

2 Likes

So @LisaMac and @grant how do you explain a situation where the leading creatives on the contest page are different from the ones on the contestants page on the same contest. Like this on this contest. And there are many similar examples : https://www.squadhelp.com/product-name-ideas/27905/Need-Cool-Product-Name-for-Stylish-Product-#settings

1 Like

That one I can’t explain. I’ve been noticing that for years. Maybe the contest trending list is the current and the other list hasn’t updated yet? Or the other way around.

Or maybe it has to do with how many entries you submitted vs how many are high rated? Like a percentage score. Maybe the CH has the ability to jostle around their top trending list.
I’m just grasping here, cause the trending list never matters when it comes to choosing a winner. I stopped looking at it years ago. You’ll drive yourself crazy.

5 Likes

I guess you understood me. Thanks! :relaxed:
There are maaany like this one,as you probably know. Anyway…
Going! Thanks @Soni

Ooops, I think SH noticed it…it’s now “changed” :grin: (not anymore)
Still…VENON-creative should be on top, not me.

In my humble opinion this is what should make sense:

Top trending creatives:

1rst- The creative with the most amount of SL’s ( regardless the total amount of HR’s)
2nd_ The creative with the second amount of SL’s and FIRST in regards of amount of HR’s
3rd- The creative with (either the same amount of SL’s as the second one or less than) AND second or third most amount of HR’s.
It all comes down to number of short lists. It makes no sense at all, seeing someone who has less SL’s featured on TTC. nohwanda

But…what the beep do I know? I can only guess :crazy_face:

By the way, you SHOULD be there @Soni.

Now, I’m really going! Good luck!

2 Likes

It’s not a matter of winning or not, it’s a mater of coherency

3 Likes

From my observation , If you and a particular creative have the same number of likes or shortlist, the overall percentage rating on SH will determine who comes first. That is to say that a creative with a 95% rating will be higher up than another who has a 87% SH rating…

3 Likes

Does anyone know if you go to contestants from within a contest, are they listed in top to bottom order ranking of the names the CH is considering, or is it in order entries are received, or are they just randomly listed? Thanks

1 Like

If there is Shortlist/high ratings (love/like) being used, they are listed based on ranking. If there is no shortlist and/or high ratings of likes/loves being used … I believe it’s more random.

But I believe what Lisa said comes into play as well. I’ve noticed that it’s entries vs ratings for each individual creative. USUALLY top trend for contest and USUALLY the contestant page will be listed to give a rank so if you have less submissions and higher ratings among those you will not only trend but be close to the top of contestants page. This is just what I’ve noticed. But as Lisa also said … STOP LOOKING :grinning: You’ll drive yourself mad trying to understand all of this which should have more explanation behind it yet doesn’t.

1 Like

Yes, i do tend to make myself crazy trying to make sense of it all.
We’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad. But how do you know i’m mad? Well you must be or you wouldn’t be here! :smile_cat:

5 Likes