Good thoughts would be appreciated,please!

In 48 hours I will be on the road going to a week long International singing contest outside of Las Vegas! So I will not be on SH for about 10 days,while I am traveling/competing.So best of luck to all of you! I am both nervous and excited,but really looking forward to the experience. If you feel so inclined…I would appreciate good thoughts/prayers sent my way that I may have safe travels, and success in the competition. I’ve worked really hard the last few months getting ready, and feel prepared.It’s kind of overwhelming to think I have this opportunity to sing on an international level…but hey…you only live once…so do it with gusto, I say! Best to everyone!

14 Likes

I hear you singing clearly and standing out in the crowd, Holly! Best of luck to you!!!

4 Likes

I’m sure you’ll do great. We’re rooting for ya! You know what they say…“Don’t be afraid to fail…be afraid to try!”

6 Likes

How exciting! Good luck and let us know how it goes! : )

6 Likes

All the best, but no matter the result, it is ultimately the experience and the challenge that counts. So remember to enjoy them to the utmost.

7 Likes

Best of luck! :sunny:

5 Likes

Great advice…thank you! I know it’s trite…but it is the journey and the moments along the way that makes something worthwhile.

1 Like

You know you always have my love & support Holly, you will be great :sunflower:

4 Likes

Best wishes holly…bet you’ll do great.I can see how talented you are from this site alone.Safe travels.

4 Likes

Enjoy the song no matter what the dance…Good luck, Best Wishes, Be Safe @hollygirl!

2 Likes

I understand why anonymity is important-- but I so wish there was a recording of this! How wonderful. The best of luck Holly. :star:

3 Likes

Just a quick update for those interested before I get back to this crazy schedule here…I made top 20! More to come…

9 Likes

Way to go girl! Big congrats. That’s quite an accomplishment in itself :grinning:

3 Likes

This is great news!!

3 Likes

Made Top 10!! Have a wicked sore throat though…so am praying I can perform through it and don’t lose my voice…rats!

8 Likes

Awesome(not the sore throat part). You’ve got this!

3 Likes

You got this Hollygirl. You did so well last year. lemon & Honey Lemon & Honey

4 Likes

Maybe it will give you a little Stevie Nicks sound… So happy for you!!!

4 Likes

Well, didn’t make Top 5 this year.When I got sick, I thought that might happen…but was holding on to hope my earlier songs would squeeze me through. That’s ok though! I have gotten top 5 the last two years…so you can’t be greedy and expect it to always be the case. It’s just not always your turn.Different judges look for different things.(kinda like naming,right? lol!) I felt I did my best, and entertained the crowd…so isn’t that what it’s all about anyway? Had a really good time overall,and have made some great friends… so I’m ok with it.Thanks for all the positive thoughts and good wishes…appreciate it! Now the long drive home tomorrow. (Yuck!) Then I will probably take another day off to recoup(or more if I get worse instead of better) then I will be back here naming. Seems weird to take so long off! Hope you guys won lots of contests…and thanks again to those who encouraged me and were so kind!

12 Likes

You did very well for being sick hon!

2 Likes