Good luck everyone!

August starts my local singing competitions…(starting Aug 13th…) and in September I will be going back to the Internationals…so I will probably not be on here much the next two months…especially in September, as I have tons to do to get ready to compete.

The Internationals are a week long competition outside of Las Vegas… so I have to practice,get all my outfits,bling,shoes,etc together and make the trip out there. Then a week of tough competition.I made top 5 last year…so hoping I can do it again this year, and even possibly win! (I can dream can’t I? lol!)

So anyway…good luck to all of you,and I’ll pre-congratulate all the winners in advance. :0)

12 Likes

Good luck Holly, we are all rooting for you!!! Sing your heart out!

6 Likes

How exciting! Wishing you the best, and I hope you have a fun time!

2 Likes

I wish you that your dreams will come true, @hollygirl ! You’ll be missed here! Make sure you take lots of pictures of your competition!!

2 Likes

That sounds awesome! Sending positive energy waves your way. Hope you win!

3 Likes

Happy Singing Hollygirl !!! Pre-congratulating you on the amazing singing :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Go get’em @hollygirl, have fun and best wishes! :pray:

3 Likes

Just an update to any who may be interested…Already went thru the quarter finals in one of my competitions,and advanced to the semis which were last night. I made it to the finals ,which will be at the end of Sept…woo hoo!

Now I’m working hard for the Nationals which will be in 3 weeks…so probably won’t be on here too much.
I’m excited I am doing well so far…but we’ll see how the Nationals turn out.

Best of luck,everyone!

12 Likes

Good luck holly! You’ve made it this far, now time to take it all the way! You’ll do great!

1 Like

I know it might make you a bit uncomfortable, but it would be cool if you could post a video of yourself performing. I totally understand if you’d rather not but it would be cool. Perhaps when you win you’ll think about it :blush: :wink:

1 Like

Well,I will think about it. I appreciate the interest,that’s so nice of you…but I am not sure I am ready to give up my anonymity here.Maybe if I win at Nationals…lol! Thank you!

Just an update for those who may be interested… I leave first thing in the morning for the Nationals! Can’t believe they are finally here. A week of intense competition, (and eliminations)…so hope I’ll still be standing at the end, and make top 5 again.

I have been sick with a bad cold and double ear infections…but went to doc yesterday and got put on antibiotics…so hopefully they will kick in before I have to sing on Tues.What luck,huh?

So…I have not been very active this last month on SH overall,as I have been caught up in my competitions and getting ready for Nationals,etc…but I will be totally absent for the next week or 10 days during Nationals.

So best of luck to everyone, and I will let you know how I did when I return in about 8-10 days. :0)

7 Likes

Best of luck to you too Holly!

2 Likes

Good luck Holly…sing your heart out!!

4 Likes

Congrats! And best of luck to you!

2 Likes

I’m not back to naming yet…as I just got home late last night from Nationals,and am exhausted…then need to get ready for finals in my other competition this weekend…but for those so kindly interested… I unbelievingly came in at SECOND place !

I am sooo thrilled. It was a tough competition,so didn’t know if I would even be in top 5…so to come in second in the Nation is quite humbling. I had so much fun, and it was an intense week…I am worn out.

But so happy to have good news to report! Thanks for the well wishes.

Hope you all are coming up with great names and wins while I am gone.

4 Likes

If we’re not winning, you ARE. Congrats on a bot win, today, Holly. And when you smile for the cameras, say CHEESE.

3 Likes

Wow! That’s awesome Hollygirl. I wish so much that I could sing. I can move my lips and make sounds but it comes out sounding more like a moose in heat. Anyway, big congrats on your win and good luck on your upcoming competition.

5 Likes

Congratulations Holly! I remember last year you did extremely well too!

3 Likes

Just coming on here for 30 seconds…thanks everyone for your well wishes…I appreciate it! LauraE…yes…last year I made 5th place…so this year it was thrilling to do even better! Thanks~

6 Likes