Getting to know you

Good idea. I’ll join you. I’ve had some awesome CH comments given to my numerically compromised and reworked names. :sob:

1 Like

Ahhh!!! I’m so excited!!! Can’t you tell by my profile pic? :wink:

My intention wasn’t to complain about not winning, but to convey I feel out of my league amongst such creative people. And I am! Even tho I’m ecstatic I won, it’d feel better if the CH picked it. SH prob felt sorry for me lol
(maybe that’ll get me another win HA :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

(And yes I posted before I knew I won. I also posted a new topic that was complaining about ratings and how I never get good ones or win before I knew as well…open mouth, insert foot lol)

2 Likes

Congratulations, I’m a Realtor and I can’t come up with these names. I’m sure it’s the first of many to come.

Thanks Tippi! One can only hope. There are 2 closed contests I have a decent chance of winning, but they seem to have been abandoned :confused: I’ve got my fingers crossed tho.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve been to Topsail. Good pick! You really can’t go wrong with any of the beaches in North Carolina though. They are beautiful and relaxing. My favorite is Bald Head Island or Emerald Isle. September is still pretty warm here, so you will be fine. Hope you have a wonderful time!

Thanks! I can’t wait. I’ve read reviews of a place called Bear Island. Apparently you have to take a ferry, then walk a 1/2 mile (with coolers or whatever you want for the day) to get to what the reviews describe a a hidden, pristine, seemingly untouched beach.

Have you heard of it? Is it worth it?

I’ll leave you alone about NC now :wink: Thanks!

Yes, Bear Island is a state park, so it’s untouched by commerce, hotels, etc. Bald Head Island is similar in the gorgeous untouched beaches, but they rent out golf carts and have inhabitants. You have to take a ferry there, no cars, it’s so quiet at night, but it’s not in the middle of a state park away from civilization. I recommend Bald Head for your next trip. :slight_smile:

Bald Head sounds better as I’m traveling with 3 kids. Thanks, you’ve been very helpful!! :blush:

Hello,
I’m from Long Island, NY. Not originally, but this is where I’ve ended up :slight_smile: I picked twocentsin because… well you imagine the making fun of my name growing up. I love making creative suggestions, and where better than a place its actually welcome.

3 Likes

Hi, i live in a small town in Montana in the Bitteroot Mountains, for 40+ years. I am retired and still don’t have all the time I would like to play on SH. My name is Shanna, I tried to change it to something a little more creative but it was to late. One of these days I am going to win one;-)

2 Likes

I meant to say Hollygirl this was a good idea. Interesting stuff.

Hello :slight_smile:

I am new here. Fun to hear where you are all from. I live on Vancouver Island in Canada. I am in awe of all the creative people here. I joined squadhelp to keep the creative juices flowing and my brain working, as I am recovering from an accident. It would be so exciting to win a contest…getting the hang of it, I think…at least getting a lot more likes these days. Wishing you all the best !!!

5 Likes

Been trying to find just the right words, This is something I heard today and feel This is me It is called

A Clowns Prayer 
                                  As I stumble through this life,
                          help me to create more laughter than tears,
                               dispense more happiness than gloom,
                                  spread more cheer than despair.

Never let me become so indifferent,
         that I will fail to see the wonders in the eyes of a child,
                     or the twinkle in the eyes of the aged.

Never let me forget that my total effort is to cheer people,
                 make them happy, and forget momentarily,
                      all the unpleasantness in their lives.

And in my final moment,
                              may I hear You whisper:
                       "When you made My people smile,
                                  you made Me smile."
15 Likes

That is very sweet, Seez. Although it almost made me teary instead of smile! :0)

1 Like

Fun thread! I’m a newbie here as well! Thoroughly enjoying the creativity I see from everyone. I’m still hanging in there! @hollygirl, we may be neighbors! My granddaughter calls me Ama, so of course I’ve used that! Not so creative I guess, which explains the lack of wins! Ha! I’ve found SH to be the perfect blend of fun, frustrating, and addicting! Thanks everyone! Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Hi,

I’m brand new to SH. I have to say I am already impressed with how supportive everyone seems to be here. I can’t wait to get started. I live south of St. Louis, Mo., where I work programming machinery. I thought this would be the perfect place to find something for the other side of my brain to do :wink: My nickname is rather self-explanatory, I have Rhodesian Ridgeback dogs. Best of luck to all, I look forward to having a lot of fun here.

1 Like

Rhodesians are awesome dogs Loyal and smarter than most of us)

2 Likes