Getting to know you

I know I am fairly new to SH…and even though I am getting to recognize some of you from your wins and discussions here on SH…I thought it might be nice to know a little more about our fellow creatives,if anyone is game. Maybe we could just post like where we are from, and how we came up with out SH name.I have seen some pretty interesting ones!

To start…I live in a tiny little town in the Sierra Nevada mountains in California in the USA. How I got my SH name is, my late father(whom I dearly miss,even though he has been gone a long time…) used to call me hollygirl as a pet name.(Yes,my name is Holly). So whenever I see it …it makes me think of him.

Next!..

7 Likes

Hi Hollygirl
I am a southern gal from the Volunteer State(Tn).I chose my middle name and switched up the spelling to my liking lol. I’m fairly new to SHahs well. This is a great suggestion :+1:.I want to add I’m having fun with this naming site, as I am retired and have lots of free time to enjoy exercising my brain :grinning:.From sh2sh.welcome! !

4 Likes

Hello. I am from never never land and my SH name is derived from hawk and fire which is my birth animal and element. I am on fire baby…

4 Likes

Greetings from the Mediterranean desert!
I’m Ayoub from southern Morocco. I live in a peninsula called Dakhla where Kitesurfers from your area come to do their thing :smile: I’m new here; I think I joined SH like a couple of weeks ago i don’t know…I chose Loud Silence because it sums up my INTP personality traits; calm from the outside due to me being an introvert, but loud rebellious from the inside (I’m a conspiracy nut).

5 Likes

@Marye5

Go VOLS ! How I miss Pat Summit!

Mary, I lived in TN for 8 glorious years. ElizaBETHton (Carter County) and Hixson. I would go back in a heart beat.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

I live in but NOT from WV. I found SquadHelp through “The PenneyHorder”. I had worked tirelessly on names for 8 months over at "the other place’, without ever winning. I have an easily remembered boring name :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey, all. I’ll play. Grew up outside Chicago, went to school in VA, then moved to NYC and worked as a book editor. Now living in nearby suburbia. I could tell you the origin of my name, but then I’d have to do you bodily harm. It’s not worth it for either of us. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Hi Everyone. I joined SH back in December. I am born and live in New York City. My name is Lisa , boring I know lol. I come to SH to have something quiet to do, whilst tending to my special needs child. Just to remind myself that my brain can do more than medical terms. Pleasure to meet all of you :grinning:

7 Likes

Hello to all you creatives. My birth name is Tippi so I just go with it. I’ve been a hairstylist and in Real Estate most of my life. Im from Georgia but now live in a small Florida town at the beach. SH is a perfect place to exhaust the wheels in my brain as they spin out of control. It is a pleasure to meet you all.

3 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Amy, and also in Florida (SWFL area) (been here 20 years now) … originally from NJ.
My screen name is inspired by a “business name” I gave myself about 18 years ago when I started up my freelance graphic design and photography business. (cfdesignz is actually Creative Fly Designz) … When I was working on a design project for a friend, he said “wouldn’t it be cool to be a fly in Amy’s brain, then we could see how her creativity works” … so i put those thoughts together and because Creative Fly Designz … I’ve dropped it down to cfdesignz for a shorter username.

3 Likes

Hello Everyone, I live in Vermont. I joined SH to have another creative outlet. I love doing anything artistic, drawing/sketching, jewelry making, most anything that works my hands and brain in a creative way. SH is perfect for that and I’m loving it so far.

3 Likes

Mymom’s a published writer, artist, dancer, metaphysical doctor (the best at explaining life, personalities, and all things wordly. Her name is Shehawke

1 Like

Hello all, I’m from Manchester, England although I probably only spend about 1-2 months a year there, the rest of the time I’m abroad traveling because of work. I love SH because of the outlet to find out new things and create as a result.
My name comes from Demiurge the creator of all things according to Plato :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi! I have lived in North Carolina for the past 11 years. I am originally from Pennsyltucky. I type very quickly and used to be a physics nerd, so I came up with the name VelocityGirl in my early 20’s when I used to play a word game called Acrophobia online. (The Fear of Acronyms…I miss that game!)

I found Squad Help on a PennyHoarder article about various ways to make money. I figured I’d give it a whirl. I feel like I’m relatively creative. I hope the Contest Holders think so too. :smile:

1 Like

I remember Acrophobia! That was fun!

1 Like

I"m sure it probably should have been acronphobia, since acrophobia is the fear of heights, but the game was called AcroPhobia. AcroChallenge might be the same? I played 15+ years ago.

Hi all! I’m Chasity and I live in Kansas City. I’ve never considered myself to be creative but I’ve always thought I was good with naming things and slogans etc. Boy was I wrong lol I can barely get a good rating let alone a win! HA
I really enjoy it tho!

My name is a suggestion for an email address I was given years ago by my service provider when I first started using their service. We’re talking dial up folks lol. That long ago. Anyway it was a suggestion based off my name and I’m so uncreative I took and am still using it years later as user names :grin:

@VelocityGirl I am going to Topsail Island, NC in Sept for a beach vacation. I can’t wait!!! Have you been there?? Is it awesome? Will the weather be beach worthy in Sept?

@Chastity2ku…ummmm you were saying…? You just won!

Maybe I should complain about not winning recently too)

5 Likes

She must have posted before she found out. Maybe that is the trick…let’s all complain,then we all will win,eh? Just kidding!

Congrats on your first win,Chasity…

1 Like