Getting CH to answer questions about their brief

@grant I think it might be helpful to improve the site in a way that prompts CH more directly to answer Creatives questions, let’s say with a very obvious pop-up every time they logon that doesn’t disappear until they’ve read it. Something like “YOU HAVE QUESTIONS” Please forgive me if this already exists…I have not experienced SH as a CH, so I don’t know what the experience is like, but from what I can tell, many CHs don’t even realise that creatives have asked wonderful clarifying questions about their brief and if they were answered, this would lead to many more quality entries.

Quite often I will go into a contest, read the brief and then go into the messages section to see if the brief has evolved in any way by means of CH’s feedback to all creatives. Often the creatives ask the exact questions that I would like to know myself. I can see that the CH has been online days after the question/s were posted and yet they are not answered. Where the brief itself is not very detailed or often even contradictory in terms of what they are after, I’m relying on the CH answering the Creative’s questions before I will participate. Unless I believe I have an understanding of what the CH wants, I don’t waste my time or my ratings on guessing because I don’t think that’s a good experience for the CH either.

I understand that CHs are probably emailed like the rest of us and are also given articles to read. However people’s email inboxes fill up pretty quickly these days and I often still find SH emails in my ‘Junk’ folder, which is where I suspect many CHs emails are ending up. Also, CHs are busy and probably don’t read those articles a lot of the time. On a few occasions, CHs have said “Oh I have only just discovered this message, Sorry”. Overall better communication would lead to a better engagement for both sides. Thank you SH!

10 Likes

Oh my goodness, I would almost pay a coin just to get some feedback and replies from a CH lately! (Just kidding, don’t get any ideas, squadhelp) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
But yes, if the CH only new how much better quality their submissions would be if they’d answer messages.
The current contests that are up for me now – there’s only 2 that the CH has given ratings on. The rest of the CHs haven’t rated one single entry. It’s frustrating! Give us creatives something to work with! Plus, when I see NO ratings and less than a day left, it feels like CHs are just skimming and taking names they like and will skip out once it ends, like they’re not interested in picking and paying an actual winner.

I’d suggest maybe gently reminding them with a popup or something, like OP suggested. Like “Hey CH! Don’t forget to rate your entries! It will give creatives a better idea of what you’re looking for and ensure better quality submissions!”

6 Likes

Hi @KittyKiyay & @grant , I’m new to the platform and have just submitted my first couple of entries for 2 briefings. I was just wondering if you know whether there is a limit to the total amount of entries a briefing can have? The one brief I have just submitted to already has more than 1650 entries (and the briefing deadline hasn’t even closed yet). I pitty the CH that has to go through more than 1650 entries… That’s probably a reason why a lot of CH’s skim through the first 400 or so entries, pick a winner and then just check out. Is my assumption correct? And would it be beneficial for both creatives and CH’s to set a limit for the total amount of entries for a brief to keep things fun, realistic and manageable for all parties? Thank you so much in advance for getting back to me. Really love the platform so far.

1 Like

There is one way Squadhelp caps entries and ensures quality submissions however. They limit how many entries a Creative can submit based on their stats. (I can only submit 3 at a time for example since I’m new). This ensures that people will be thoughtful about their submissions, and not just enter a bunch of random names hoping to get picked. So, this helps limit the number of entries to quality ones that the contest holder will be more interested to look through.

(Sorry I replied in 3 different comments btw. Lol)

1 Like

@QuiteFrankly I’ve only been here since April, but from my current experience, the contest holders have been doing a pretty good job at looking through them all and rating.
I’ve submitted entries when there were already well over 2,000 and still got my entries seen and even shortlisted! So, I know it feels like you’re just another entry in a sea of thousands, but you WILL be seen majority of times.

As for the quantity of submissions…
Each person can submit anywhere from 3 to unlimited entries depending on their stats, so while there’s 2000 entries, it’s really only 300-500 creatives that are entering, and that makes it a little easier to scroll through and look I think, opposed to 2,000 individual names from 2,000 individual people. For instance, I just entered a contest with 150 entries, but it was only 13 or so Creatives who had entered!

This week, the contest holders have been slow to rate and give feedback, but aside from this week, I’ve had a pretty good experience with getting my entries seen and rated. Hang in there and you’ll start seeing your entries being recognized!

:heart:

4 Likes

Thank you so much for your reply @KittyKiyay Much appreciated. I have also noted to slower CH response time, but loving the platform, so definitely going to stick around. In it to win it :metal: Have a great weekend ahead.

1 Like

Thanks for your helpful info. I´m new here too but love it so far. I agree and sometimes find frustrating getting a low feedback response but I guess it´s a matter of learning, patience and perseverance.

2 Likes