Get your best entries in for Name a Breakthrough Technology firm in Facial Recognition - CLOSED

Since the contest holder hasn’t selected a winner for 4 weeks, we will be selecting a winner for this contest. Please mark any entries as “Best Entries” so we can consider them as best entries. We will be selecting a winner after 2 days.

3 Likes

Thanks for the “heads up” @Janice! And for ALL the hard work you & the team are doing to improve the site… Kudos!! :star2:

2 Likes

Janice, it’s good to see you on the site, too! This special alert on the forum is a great idea. I think I will choose the “Best Entry” option more for the past contests than the current ones.

1 Like

@Janice, This particular contest started out saying “name only”, then switched to “wants url”… My question is: one of my “chosen” names may not be an available domain, because it was an early entry. Both instructions were actually left in the brief, as well. Would this make a difference in the “voting”, (as in the ‘followed instructions’ criteria) if one of my choices is “not available”? …
And will only the LAST incarnation of the brief be considered as the “true/best” instructions?
I know that I’ve entered many contests which I have moved on from after no ratings/responses and thus may not even realize the brief had changed after I moved on-(& with no notification for brief changes anymore, not easy to tell when they have changed). Just a question(s) & something to consider :point_left:
Thanks in advance for your response !

2 Likes

@whirlwind, we understand that picking the winning name at this late stage might anyway result in some domain names being unavailable. So we typically do not use name availability as a criteria while selecting a winner. As long as the system allowed you to submit the entry at that time. and as long as you mark it as one of your “Best Entries”, we will consider it.

Usually, we will evaluate the entries based upon the final brief (because we currently do not have the ability to keep track of prior versions of the briefs). However, there will be a bit of subjectiveness in this decision. There are few other factors we will consider. For example, if a contest only has one 5 star rating, we will likely pick that as a winner. If there was one contestant who received the most amount of 4/5 star entries, they will certainly get a higher weightage. If there are no rated entries, we will pick the winner from “Best Entries” with a goal to be as fair as possible in the winner selection.

2 Likes

That seems fair…just wondering, will we know how many starred entries competed in the end judging on unawarded contests? I have a feeling many contestants have not found their way over to this forum.

1 Like

@auntshommy, we are planning to add this information in contest dashboard section, so all users will be able to see how many entries were marked as “Best Entry” in the contest. We want to make this as transparent as possible.

3 Likes

We have now added the total number of entries that were marked as “Best Entries” in the Contest Stats section.

4 Likes