FYI: Messages on contests are public, for those who don't know

Just sayin’, people, that when a contest is still open, all messages are PUBLIC and are seen by all creatives. Some people don’t appear to realize this so I am pointing it out.

1 Like

Seems to be just one guy who is oblivious.

1 Like

I wish it were just one…

He’s not anymore…

2 Likes

And he’s a super sweet guy :blush:

3 Likes

And super funny too!

3 Likes

For the record, this was not about “him”…

2 Likes

What if a CH private message you on the message board and you responded (contest still active), will this be seen as public?

1 Like

Yes from what I can tell

1 Like

Yes it will…

Thank you @Commulinks. I am not aware of that.

1 Like

@Nelmag The person Lori and I were referring to revealed a name the CH was crazy about, twice. Then, of course, the inevitable happened. So be careful. It’s best to reply via the comment section by your submissions

3 Likes

If I remember right…sh told me if I reply to private comment in public message that only the ch can see it?

No Mary, if you reply to PM, it will be visible to everyone!

1 Like

Thank you @LauraE

1 Like

You’re welcome!!! This is precisely why I posted this message. I suggest if anyone receives a PM from a CH while the contest is still open, that you use the blue bubble ASAP to alert SH because it is clear, they are not private messages. And, what @LauraE said… reply using comments, not PM, if it is appropriate to reply at all.

PS: When a message on the board IS private, it is marked private. Those appear after a contest closes. For example, if you send the CH a thank you note for a winning name, your thank you posts to the board but it is marked private.

2 Likes

I do hit reply on comments bc I get an email saying I received a private message. I then go to that contest and hit reply. If you guys see the messages I don’t mind. I was just saying "if I remember right"that’s what I was told. I could review bb message log and see if I can clarify. I could be wrong as it seems from the replies here.

If a CH replies to a submission by typing a comment in the comment box under the name and then you reply back using the comment box under the name you submitted, then only the CH and you see it. I think people are confusing PM’s with name comments.

There are three types of messages, Name Comments, Contest Comments, and Private Messages. I receive Name Comments all the time (these are Private), I read Contest Comments and will sometimes type a question (these are Public), but I have never received, replied to, or sent a PM.

What’s the point of PM’s when messages can be sent using the comment box below the name you submitted? This even has the benefit of you knowing which name the CH is discussing. What’s the CH asking when using a PM? How’s the weather in Cleveland or something?

2 Likes

OK. Now I’m lost. CH sent me a private message to tweak an entry to which I replied. Both the CH message and my response are both private. It shows in the contest message section, but clearly states private message in red. So am I wrong in assuming that no one else can see it?
I was sure that creatives could not or were not supposed to initiate a PM to the CH, but could reply to one. But things have been changing so fast around here lately, I could be wrong. lol

1 Like

@LisaMac And the contest is still open?