Financial Services/Concierge Contest

There’s been so many issues with the CH exposing the contestants’ names and apparently running the contest for a 2nd time that I thought SH might want to take a look. I don’t have anything rated higher than a 3, though by playing around with the same words, I might be able to get one. That’s how transparent it is.

4 Likes

@auntshommy, we have hidden the entries that were publicly posted on the contest. We will also inform the CH to not post any entries in the public comments. Copying @Janice

In their previous contest, there was a payment glitch, so we never received the payment from CH. The bonus payment was given by SH since it was a guaranteed contest.

2 Likes

We received ones here because his brief is backwards. The names he stated not to use are all a part of his favorite names. Not sure how many ones it took someone to figure that out to score a 5 but to than have them posted for all to see should NOT be allowed on a private contest. There should be a clause for the CH to agree to keep private names private just as we sign a NDA. We are entering what we assume is a private contest. Not an open one. Why than should our names and ideas be exposed for all else to use and go on to win? I’m not one of the 5 stars there but 2 of my names were also shown. I don’t feel bad for me here but I do feel bad for the top 3 . A contest that just ended I had mostly 5’s until my names were shown. Before I could even work with what she liked most variations of those names were taken and my names went to 4s . Sorry, doesn’t seem fair at all. OK, my rant is over and Yes, I’ll have some cheese with that whine!

2 Likes

But the damage was already done. CH should be made aware of that this is not acceptable.

2 Likes

Dan, thanks for deleting the top entries from the contest message board, however, we all received the email with the original post. All creatives have the list to refer to.

2 Likes

Tammy I also had an issue with the one stars in this case, most of mine had transitions and transfer which he did not put in his brief till after he rated them 1 stars so technically they all had followed the brief until a later change, I suppose though some CH’s have done this before and don’t take the time to review the “welcome packet” and/or are used to old rating system others I don’t think really care about our Points they just want a name!

4 Likes

It’s the amount of ones given to get to a 4 or 5 star by trial and error to have wasted all those tries when they just decide to post the names and waste all of our tries by giving everyone else an advantage they didn’t earn ( by loss of points) I gave up worrying about points any more. Since a 2 automatically hides the names. The majority of names now receive a 2. I just had a CH message me and say what a creative name, please submit more. The rating I received was a 2. Go figure. I just feel they need to be made aware before starting a contest that names are kept private. Not much we can do about bad CHs except drop out.

2 Likes

I took all my names out of this one , eventhough I had one highly rated.
Seems ridiculous that hes saying he likes names with words in that he specifically told us not to use in his original brief which has now disappeared

3 Likes

I’m glad to have started the dialogue on this. It’s a hot-button issue to most creatives, as well it should be. Thank you SH for stepping in to the extent that you could on that contest. Is there a way to dissuade this from happening in further contests?

3 Likes

I had two names very similar to one of the three 5 star ratings. I just randomly checked, and all three of these domains are now unavailable. Obviously a winner hasn’t been picked yet, but seems way too much of a coincidence that at least 2 of my higher rated domain names are now gone. I didn’t check any of the others.
I wonder how many domains have been taken due to this contest. Is it common for the contest holder to buy up the domain names while they make their decision? But then what? They own all the domains, and we obviously can’t resubmit them for any other contests…