Featured Names in Domain Marketplace

I’d love to know how a name becomes a featured name in the marketplace. How can we boost our names all across the SH platform to become featured? Thanks!!!

6 Likes

Hi, Not sure if this is right place to put this point or not. Actually I would like to know most of the domain market place contest is showing closed, finalizing winner but still accepting new entries. Can someone explain what could be the reason. TIA.

Hi @Brandshai - Thank you for pointing this out. It was a technical issues, and we’ve updated the status for Domain Marketplace Contests to be more clear.

1 Like

@Commulinks - Marketplace names are featured in many different places. We have a robust backend algorithm which uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to show appropriate domains to potential buyers. One of the features which is now being used by many of our buyers is the Visual Search feature, where we show relevant recommendations based upon the specific preferences of buyers.

On our main marketplace page, we sort the names based upon several factors such as the category of the name as well as the interest received from potential customers. We are working on some additional updates to rotate the names more frequently.

2 Likes

Thanks Grant. I tried out the visual search feature a few days ago. Very cool! Thanks for all you do.

2 Likes

Hi, My 2 names was approved by SH for Domain Marketplace, today the names are listed under approved section, and is displayed on my profile page. But I would like to know why it is not displayed like others with logo and background image on the main listing page. Do I need to pay extra for that or it takes time to be displayed like that on the main listing page. Please someone guide me. TIA.

@Brandshai In my experience, it takes several days before the logos are completed for your names. Then they will be displayed in the marketplace on a rotating basis like all the other names for sale.

1 Like

Oh, Thanks dear. It was my first name selected by SH, and I was super excited to see my domain name on the listing page… and so I got bit upset. Thanks for the clarification. :smile:

2 Likes

Hi friends , I have a suggestion, no idea whether it is feasible or not. I was thinking of the names which we feel are potential and submit for domain market place but got rejected by SH due to certain reasons … can they be listed on a different page under @ 99 or 199 ( Fixed), maybe for 3 to 6 mths. Thereafter seeing the no. of shortlisting, if it can be upgraded to the main listing page, Else removed from both the listing. At least we will get a chance to try our luck. Would love to know others opinion… :slight_smile:

What happens if it actually gets sold at $99? By the time SH takes its commission and then you have 10% fee to withdraw it, might have been better off not listing it. Does that make sense

1 Like

… just a suggestion. Some minimum amount could be fixed. Not necessary $99…

Maybe someone can answer my question. How come none of my contest entries are being approved for the marketplace. I’ve submitted like 20 extremely good domains and they all have been denied.

Idk the answer…I’ve submitted tuns and only one was approved.Wish I could figure it out😒

I would say try to submit names that will pass a trademark check. Most of mine that gave been approved we’re basically under 10 letters and two real words that start with the sane first letter. Example:. BareBaron. Also look in the market place to see if your name has a variation already in the market place. Hope it helps sone

1 Like

We recently had a great discussion about this on this string:

1 Like