Expert Review Selection

Every now and then I do some “Expert Review Selection” of submited names. Recently I discovered that the number of polls I’m allowed to review dependes on the polls skipped percentage. My current percentage of skipped polls is 81,79%. I understand it’s a high percentage. However, there is a lot of rubbish names being submitted and if we consider that the Site’s average approval rate is only 6.84%, it seems to me my skipped polls percentage should even be higher. So you can imagine my surprise when I got this message: “Based upon your stats, about 81.79% of polls were marked as “None of the above” this month. Please try to skip fewer polls in order to increase your daily limit”. So, is it SH’s point that I should approve more names (even beeing low quality) just so that they can reject them afterwards, in order to keep their approval rate so low (6.84%)?!

3 Likes

The whole approval system is a mess. I had dozens of names which constantly got rejected but I knew were very strong. Then SQ introduced AI Domain Grader and 90% of my names were approved. I literally wasted a year on submission/rejection/resubmission. SQ lost more than a few to BB as I wasn’t interested in the 60 day window game. Get the humans out of the way!

And yes @DNFront you’re right, your 81.79% rejection rate should be rewarded not hobbled.

SQ premium marketplace is littered with thousands of worthless domains that will never sell. I have no clue why folks keep paying renewal fees but I do know they weaken the user experience. Thin the herd SQ and go with quantity over quality.

3 Likes

So @grant , does this mean we will need to approve more low quality names in order to get more daily polls?! “Based upon your stats, about 80.19% of polls were marked as “None of the above” this month. Please try to skip fewer polls in order to increase your daily limit” Is this really what SH wants?!

2 Likes

Almost 80 days have passed and @grant and the crew reinstate this rule: “Based upon your stats, about 84.95% of polls were marked as “None of the above” this month. Please try to skip fewer polls in order to increase your daily limit”.
What is the sense or point of this? Really! Should I approve “■■■■” in order to increase my daily limit?! SH’s own sitewaide approval rate is only around 7,2%! Why should I approve at a higher rate than that? It makes no sense!

2 Likes

I’m trying to figure out the patern, with no success… Today, this idiotic rule seems to be ressurected again! “Based upon your stats, about 81.74% of polls were marked as “None of the above” this month. Please try to skip fewer polls in order to increase your daily limit”. Dear @grant and SH crew do you realise this make NO sense? Should we not skip low quality names?!

1 Like