Duplicate Contests on Other Sites?

Hello all. I’m new to the Squadhelp forum although I’ve been a member of the site for years. I was just wondering what you guys think of duplicate contests appearing on other sites. The Protein Bar contest which began here recently just popped up on Crowdspring with a $479 award. The wording and usernames are the same. The one here is guaranteed the other is not. I have seen this happen a few times and I am always skeptical and usually opt to avoid BOTH contests when this happens. What do you guys think is the motivation behind this happening?? I don’t know what to think but it makes me a little uneasy.

1 Like

This happens a lot. I personally just stick with the guaranteed contest. At least you know someone will get paid. Why they do it? No clue, maybe just trying every option to find the name their looking for.

1 Like

Oh, and welcome to the forum.!

1 Like

Thanks Tammy! I suppose we may never know why this happens.

1 Like

If the client is legit I think they are just trying to find the best name by using all the available venues. And of course there are always the domain parkers who are there for the other reason.
Good to meet you tkpro72 :v:

2 Likes

Thank you Lorin. Nice to meet you too.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that as well.