Dive Right In Contest

@Dan
I’m going through you and not the CH so I can follow protocol. Could you please message the CH. I had 4s, 3s and he had made everything 1s. I followed the brief. Are you sure that the 1s don’t lower our point average anymore because I dropped significantly even with some of the best entries I did today. But most important, I followed his brief. If he doesn’t like the name I get that, but I gave him what he asked for, he liked it, then he bombed it.

5 Likes

You’re not the only one, lol. My score went down, too. I had nine 4 stars entries, now 5 left. I just hope, he won’t eliminate me completely.

3 Likes

How do we plug up this guy’s breather?? I had all 3’s now 1’s. What purpose does that serve? This guy will dump ratings and cancel the contest. I bet my O2 it!

6 Likes

We’re gonna need a bigger tank…

7 Likes

All of my 3s and 4s were all reduced to ones, too.

3 Likes

And 6 more days left. This is a long contest. Yep, you’re right. We’ll need a bigger tank.

2 Likes

Same here… my 3s were 1s all of a sudden.

3 Likes

Thank you all for heads up…I wont loose my O2 any more…

3 Likes

Tanks, Lorin, I needed that!
I noticed with my own that any submission with more than a designated number of characters either got a one or was later reduced to a one. He’s very strict about his number of letters. I don’t know if he’s as strict about what he’ll accept for the beginning of a submission.

2 Likes

he should maybe just tell us the name he wants and someone can enter it :wink:

5 Likes

Well he’s saying 7 letters, and examples with hydro. That doesn’t leave much to play with. And with the duplicate in place, I can’t submit anything with 7 letters, and hyd… Plus its not guaranteed, so I hope the name he wants has already been entered!

3 Likes

@Dan, I just entered 2 names that followed his brief which were scored 1 star just now. Just want you to know I made a comment as to why? I was polite and assume it’s OK to get a reason as to why. My comment is below. Thanks.

Hi, could you take a moment and explain how my names did not follow the brief, I’m a little confused now as to what your looking for as I thought I did follow your guidelines. Thanks!

1. Ratings: This is the fastest way to provide feedback. We suggest you follow the below guidelines to rate all entries for your contest.

1 Star: If contestant didn’t follow the rules as outlined in the contest brief
2 Stars: If contestant followed the brief, but the submission is not a good fit at all
3 Stars: Contestant is on the right track but I neither love nor hate this entry
4 Stars: Could be what I’m looking for. Overall, a very good entry
5 Stars: Love this entry and it could be one of the winners.

1 Like

We have sent a message to the CH, seeking clarification on their ratings. However, our policy continues to be that contestants can not post any messages on comments page, asking CH questions regarding their choice of ratings on specific entries. You can ask them clarification on brief, or questions related to their preferences for a name however asking them why they gave a specific entry or group of entries 1 star or 2 star is not allowed. I understand this may be frustrating, but we are continuing to work on other ways to minimize the deviation from rating guidelines. We have now added several levels of communication and reminders to CH about rating guidelines, and we are working on additional warning popups when they select a 1 star rating. Despite these communications and popups, we will continue to see some exceptions once in a while, where some CHs deviate from the rating guidelines. If we see too many of these exceptions, we will address this by making further changes to CH communications as well as the overall point system.

8 Likes

I really appreciate the popups idea! Thank you, Dan! :smile:

2 Likes

He asked me for which country I am from - and baaam!.. all of my 4 * came down to 2*
Good thing - I stopped at that day I read this.

Thank you all… for bringing this up.

1 Like

Wow Anjy just wow, a name is a name no matter where the heck it comes from!

5 Likes