December 20th - Updates to Marketplace

Edited.
Ignore me. I should have read the first post properly in the first place.

I am just putting this here because it is the most recent marketplace postā€¦ it is actually a request.
SH, I would DEARLY appreciate it if you would release the hold on our ability to add discounts on SH owned domains to give us more flexibility. The ā€œbotā€ often skips adding sales to some names for sometimes months at a time and that is impacting how much attention some names get.
Pretty please???

PS: Also, please also let us have the same flexibility with discount amounts on our owned domains as we do on SH owned names that are renewing soonā€¦!

4 Likes

Any date set? Iā€™m working my way through my domains as quick as I can right now!

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks very much @grant. Issue 1 and 2 are fixed and working really well now :).

What date can we expect anything over the 3 uses and 3 emotions to be removed from the landing pages? Iā€™m assuming keywords will disappear at the same time?

Thanks

1 Like

@grant

Bump please.

Thanks.

2 Likes

@AbleBrands These will be implemented sometime this month however I can not provide a specific date because there are several changes in queue this month. It will likely be in next 7-10 days.

3 Likes

Thank you @AbleBrands Iā€™ve tried to explain these exact issues with SH before and iā€™ve had no response. Hopefully you have articulated it much better than me in the screen captures :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Grant - is it possible that the changes in the categories has reduced the number of available superboost slots? I have been trying every day for 2 weeks to find even one opportunity and SB is never available. I never had that problem before.

5 Likes

@Commulinks I thought maybe a lot of people took advantage of the discounted coins and that might be the reason.

4 Likes

Has anyone been able to use a superboost in the new year? I havenā€™t seen any available in the last three weeks.

1 Like

No, Iā€™ve tried multiple times. Every time I check itā€™s unavailable.

2 Likes

OK, I have some theories about the Superboost problem. Hopefully @grant can inform the tech team. Here are my theories:

1. When the system began to recognize only 3 categories, it ratcheted down the possibilities for SB. If you had 5 categories, the system could find 3 out of 5. (Because the SB promise is that the name is SBd in 3 categories). When the system cannot identify 3 open categories, it is saying it is not available. I have tried several different names, to no avail.
  2. As Daisy pointed out, there was a sale on points so many people have a lot of points.
  3. Tagging on both #1 & #2, it is possible that SB openings happen when Europeans are awake and we are asleep over here. So the fewer slots are being taken by people who are awake when they open up.

All theory at this point but this all needs to be fixed ASAP. Again, time is money! When we canā€™t do what we need to do, our names donā€™t get any play in the marketplace.

1 Like

I was able to Superboost 4 names at the very beginning of Januaryā€¦I hope more spaces open up soon!

1 Like

Deb, where do you live? (Generally)

I live in South Florida. You?

Colorado. I had a theory, above, that the SB openings might be happening when Americans are asleep and then taken by those in other parts of the world. But you were able to SB so it must be something else.

If my memory serves me correctly, it was very late at night (early A.M. hours)ā€¦so your theory may still hold water! :grinning:

1 Like

We have looked into this and the Super Boost feature is working correctly. Unfortunately we have limited spots available for this feature and they seem to get taken shortly after they open up. The spots open up immediately after one of the previous superboosts expires - so it is not related to any specific timezone.

We will look into adding additional available spots in the future as well as additional ways to promote your domains .

4 Likes

Thanks so much Grant. Honestly, I was really hoping something was broken and could be fixed because I have tried all this month and have never had a problem getting several of my names SBd in a month. Now, not even one.

2 Likes

I just wish it were possible to do many other things to earn points to even think about boosting let alone superboosting. I just did two normal boosts and Iā€™m unhappy with the results so that was a lot of points spent, glad I didnā€™t use coins. Can we please think about increasing points a bit more or adding other ways to get them? Seems like everything around here anymore is so expensive in detriment to the creatives ā€“ be it money or points.

2 Likes