December 20th - Updates to Marketplace

@Commulinks

The primary category and possible uses should show the same options now. Please let us know if you are seeing any inconsistencies.

You do not need to select the primary category again as possible uses. Think of primary category as the main industry which is the best fit for the domain. The possible uses are other potential industries that the domain might be a good fit for. The filters on main marketplace listings page take into account both the primary category as well as possible uses while showing the results.

However, depending upon the context, some other pages (such as these) may only show results from the primary category.

Thank you so much! I will see what happens and if I find anything.

Grant - just a clarification, are you saying the “useless” primary uses category has also been fixed? Just to make sure the team understands - the primary category did NOT put the names into the primary category as a search. I found this repeatedly long ago and fixed all of my names by also adding the primary category to possible uses. I was doing what you said should work before, using the primary category then different possible uses and I found my names did not come up in the primary.

I have the same problem. I suspect that this applies to all premium domains

Don’t worry, I’ve blue buttoned. Thanks.

@Grant, the categories are all messed up! I just added a new name to the marketplace. When you add the name and it gives you the option to add the description, there are a ton more categories available than if you do it from the dashboard. I know this because I tried to add the description from the beginning and it wouldn’t “take” at all. So I said “I’ll do it later” and went to my dashboard to do it and I couldn’t choose the same categories. On this one, for example, it is a pet related business. When I added it, I could have chosen pet supplies. But because I could not add it there, on my dashboard, pet supplies was not an option.

I was truly hoping the team would fix all the category problems before implementing the 3 limit. Please, ask the tech team to fix all the category issues. I always feel like the clock is ticking on my names. Every minute/day/month they are not discoverable, is sales lost and then renewal time comes.

All categories need to match across the platform on all forms and all pages where customers will go. The issue with the two landing pages where customers go isn’t fixed, either.

@grant Further to @Commulinks post, here are some visuals to better explain the issues.

There are 3 issues…

Issue 1
The categories do not match in various places. (I will update this next time I have a name approved)

Issue 2
When you approve a name for the marketplace and immediately complete the following:
Domain Name (stays when you press submit)
Describe this domain (disappears when you press submit)
Primary Category (disappears when you press submit)
Possible Uses (stays when you press submit)
What Emotion or Feeling Does This Name Convey? (stays when you press submit)
Root word(s) for this domain (stays when you press submit)
When the names have been published you have to go to your approved domain list, find the domain and re-input the two fields mentioned above.

Issue 3
If you go back to change your categories, it does not update on the landing sales page. As an example, I published Ignitous.com with no details, then went into my back office and filled in the details. Here is a screenprint of my back office and the landing page after I updated the details.

These issues explain all of the problems everyone is having. I suspect it has something to do with the merging of categories / keywords a few months back. The sales pages are pulling information from the keywords field (which no longer exists) instead of categories.

Hope it helps.

EXCELLENT, Able.
And on the name I tried to do today, I could have chosen Primary Pet, Pet Supplies as a possible use but only right when I added it - and that didn’t work. So from my dashboard, no pet supplies listed.

@Commulinks @AbleBrands The categories should be same in all places now. There were few places where additional categories were available however we have standardized this to a common list now.

We will look into issue #2 and get that resolved as soon as possible.

For #3, based upon the example you shared, it is showing the possible uses correctly on the landing page (they are shown as “A Marketing or Advertising business” etc).

What you might be referring to is keywords. We no longer use keywords in classification and we plan to remove any previously selected keywords from the landing pages in the near future. As announced previously, the keywords have now been merged with categories.

@grant Thanks for the update on issue 1 and 2.

Issue 3. If you compete ‘categories’ before it’s published, it shows up as keywords on the landing page (except the primary category because of issue 2).

Getting rid of keywords on the landing pages makes a lot of sense. They are ugly, the keyword landing pages probably confuse the site SEO (so much duplicate content) and its the area where some creatives have done it but other haven’t so it’s not uniform. I’m tentatively looking forward to seeing them go… if traffic / shortlists drop significantly could it be put back?

Thanks.

Just i wish theres integration soon with other companies, to boost sales :weary:

Edited.
Ignore me. I should have read the first post properly in the first place.

I am just putting this here because it is the most recent marketplace post… it is actually a request.
SH, I would DEARLY appreciate it if you would release the hold on our ability to add discounts on SH owned domains to give us more flexibility. The “bot” often skips adding sales to some names for sometimes months at a time and that is impacting how much attention some names get.
Pretty please???

PS: Also, please also let us have the same flexibility with discount amounts on our owned domains as we do on SH owned names that are renewing soon…!

Any date set? I’m working my way through my domains as quick as I can right now!

Thanks

Thanks very much @grant. Issue 1 and 2 are fixed and working really well now :).

What date can we expect anything over the 3 uses and 3 emotions to be removed from the landing pages? I’m assuming keywords will disappear at the same time?

Thanks

@grant

Bump please.

Thanks.

@AbleBrands These will be implemented sometime this month however I can not provide a specific date because there are several changes in queue this month. It will likely be in next 7-10 days.

Thank you @AbleBrands I’ve tried to explain these exact issues with SH before and i’ve had no response. Hopefully you have articulated it much better than me in the screen captures :slight_smile:

@Grant - is it possible that the changes in the categories has reduced the number of available superboost slots? I have been trying every day for 2 weeks to find even one opportunity and SB is never available. I never had that problem before.

@Commulinks I thought maybe a lot of people took advantage of the discounted coins and that might be the reason.