Creatives Private Messaging CHs

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought it was no longer possible for creatives to send messages to CHs; other than on the public message board. Recently I have seen a CH post a public message that some creatives are " trying to create a running dialogue " with him/her. If that’s the case, wouldn’t it be then that creatives can use this to gain unfair advantage over others @grant ?

6 Likes

I’ve seen that and a few others. Unfortunately we’ll never know. I for one, never PM a CH, unless I want to thank them for choosing one of my submissions as the winning name…
It rarely happens though :joy::alien:, winning, I mean.

3 Likes

I think some take advantage of the entry explanation part and use that improperly to communicate more, ask questions privately.

5 Likes

Sure @jackieheraty, I Really think so too. I agree 100%. Recently a CH, answering someone’s question on the message board, commented something along these lines : " I will provide you an image related to the concept". Being that I was also participating, I wrote " Can you show it to us all?"

I Never got an answer :smirk:

8 Likes

Or you see a creative post a comment that sounds like a response, like they forgot to reply privately.

5 Likes

I think we should draw the attention of support to this problem. We all have equal rights. If private messages to the contest holder are prohibited, then some creatives find CH on social networks, which is a violation of the rules.

6 Likes

Exactly, I’ve seen that also

1 Like

Yep, social media links are dangerous if people have no ethics

4 Likes

There is always possibility that CH and creative have communication in entry comments, I believe that is not a violation. That’s actually the only way I ever contact CHs, even after winning a contest.

1 Like

I hope this is investigated and If it’s goes against established contest rules, adequate punishment should be dished out… Irrespective of the Tier/Ranking of those involved.

6 Likes

SH messaging policy for Creatives: “* Cannot take advantage of Private Messaging: Using private messaging to gain advantage over other creatives is not allowed. If the response to your question or private message can also be helpful to other creatives, please ask this question in a public comment. Asking such questions privately can lead to account suspension.”

4 Likes