Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update

Hi everyone,

As the global impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we are watching the developments closely and taking precautionary measures for our team, while ensuring that any disruptions to our service levels or platform are minimized.

Our core team is based in Chicago, however we have an expanded team in few other countries. Over the next few weeks, we may need to adjust our hours for the 24X7 support and some of the new platform updates might take longer than usual.

We will do our best to keep any disruptions to a minimum and will keep everyone aware in case of any key changes.

I wish all of you and your loved ones good health. Please take all the necessary precautions and stay safe!

Safety first Darpan (Dan). We all understand!

Stay safe everyone!

Edited to add: I’m just off the UK, the UK has just been told that anyone over 70 has to go into quarantine. They have to self isolate for 4 months (to start!).

Scary times.

Whoa…that is huge @AbleBrands

Be healthy, dear SH team!

Edited to ask @Darpan is there anything we could do to help SH? For example, would it be best if we don’t sub any new marketplace names or (I don’t know what else)… to help reduce the workload? Is there anything you can think of that creatives can do to help?

It gets worse, now France is in lockdown too. No unnecessary travel in and out. All social events cancelled, everyone told to stay home. All restaurants, shops, cinemas, nightclubs and cafés etc have closed with immediate effect.

We live on an Island between England and France. During the war we were abandoned by the UK, people starved. It may sound extreme but I planted thousands of vegetable seeds yesterday, I have nowhere to plant them all out… but I don’t have to worry about that for a few weeks yet.

For those that are not taking this seriously enough, wouldn’t you rather look daft for over reacting? Your health is not worth even a 1% risk. Over react away.

How is this effecting everyone else?

Be safe everyone!

Thanks for the update! Stay Healthy! I’m in the middle of the US. My City is half shutting down. We will see how bad our area gets hit! Hang in there everyone! :revolving_hearts:

@AbleBrands Scary times In Cleveland Ohio.
Forget going to the grocery store, shelves are bare.People are losing there minds, guns and ammo are also scarce. I’m afraid to even go out at all.
Pray this passes soon !

In my county there are no cases but that doesn’t mean much because it is very rural here and people self-isolate most of the time anyway ;-). But many have to commute down to the city. My husband is a stock-piler type and he does all the shopping so we are well stocked for about a month.

This is a dumb side-note, considering everything everyone else is facing… but we were supposed to go on a small trip next week to a lakefront home deeper in the mountains. We were going with some friends. My friend was told as she left work on Friday that someone in her work building my have it. So we had to cancel our trip and together we lost about $1300. The property owner won’t give us our money back.

Tell him you’d he happy to come and spread the virus throughout his rental at no cost to him. Insist he meet you when you arrive to personally bring you the key.
Then cough on him lol

So sorry and disappointed people are taking advantage. Just makes me sad.

As of today, West Virginia has no confirmed cases of this virus! But that doesn’t seem to stop people from hording!

NYC like a ghostown. Schools closed. Bars closed…which led to long lines at the liquor stores lol. Guess moms are gonna need some happy juice with the kiddos home on lockdown. All restaurants are closed but can still do deliveries…which has led to lots of people being laid off or let go from there jobs.
Let’s not even start on the grocery store free for all’s over toilet paper!

Life update in the US. We now have confirmed Covid 19 in every state. It’s so imperative to slow this down, self isolate. That gives the medical teams on the front lines the ability to care for the sick, slow down the contagion, get more ventilators.
I am wishing everyone here good health, lots of love and I hope we all make some much needed money here to tide us over. I am so incredibly grateful for sites like SquadHelp for that specific reason.
Be well - Namaste :purple_heart:

It would be helpful if SH could keep us updated on sales and inquiries so we can be informed about how the virus is impacting this industry.

In Kenya, amongst all the other preventative and containment measures, we have literally gone cashless. We are using E-Wallets

I get why. Money is so dirty. I worked as a bank teller/cashier and you would not believe the places people pulled their money out from. Including but not limited to wigs, bras, sneakers, underwear, socks. You get the picture lol

Pew-Wew…that’s aweful​:scream::scream::scream:

The forecast is for many to die globally and many many more to lose their jobs. The world as we know it today will never be the same again.

We are in the beginnings of a recession right now.
SP

This is obviously going to effect our industry, and every other industry. Most industries will be effected negatively (not all). We are already seeing a lack of contests. The effect has been immediate. I’m sure SH won’t answer your question, but I suspect the effect in domain sales has been immediate too.

There are four schools of thought amongst domainers.

1). Everything is going to be fine. This will all blow over in a few months, I’ll just carry on as normal.

2). YAY, a chance to pick up domain bargains by those selling or dropping.

3). A chance to slim down my portfolio and sell the crud to those in group 1 and 2.

4). Sell everything now before the masses realize what is going on because in a month from now my entire portfolio will be worth nothing.

I suspect it depends on peoples realization of the situation, their personal finances, the stability of their job, their age and health and the health of their family, and whether or not they can afford to hold a portfolio of domains with little or no sales for months, potentially years as to which category they fall into.

As soon as the number of new cases daily starts to drop, the stock market will turn and we will all start building on that.

At 6.45am UK time 19 March:
Total confirmed cases 218,585
Fatal cases 8,943

I may update those figures over the coming weeks.

Good luck!

I think you need to remove the “…” You are only fueling panic. Just my opinion.