CHs who reveal submitted names in messages

It happened to and the winning name was just a letter or two off the prefix of my revealed name

2 Likes

I think in that caseā€¦they should split the award, if it is obvious the winning name was generated off your thought processes.My name ended up being exposed twice,so I have little hope now of winning the contest, as everyone I am sure has played off my name by now. And I could totally use a win right about now.Sigh.

1 Like

Yikes yeah mine was shortlisted immed then the names were revealed then it totally was a play off of mine :frowning:

@hollygirl and @Vivegoodkarma I would definitely report a winning name that was playing off of a name of mine that was submitted and revealed by a CH. I think that might be against SH rules or at least worthy of a complaint.

4 Likes

Hi everyone,

Thanks for these thoughts.

It is important for us to help protect the IP of our Creatives. Therefore, we already show a message to all Contest Holders at the top of the screen from which Public Messages are sent. However, it is possible that some CHā€™s are not seeing this, so we will look for other ways to make it even more prominent.

6 Likes

@grant Just a thought and I donā€™t know if itā€™s possible, but, is there a way you could set the system up to recognize words or phrasing that is a direct match to a given contest. I think someone suggested earlier to hold and screen messages until they are cleared. But what if a message is only held if the system recognizes it as potentially containing an entry???

2 Likes

Thanks for this idea, @Chasity2ku. However, I donā€™t think it is feasible at this time.

1 Like