We are making some changes to the Best Entry winner selection process effective immediately. These changes are based upon the collective feedback from the creatives as well as our desire to reduce SH’s involvement in determining the final winner for an abandoned contest. We have evaluated several alternatives and while our goal was to minimize SH’s involvement in winner selection, we believe it wouldn’t be fair to contestants if we make this a completely random process. Therefore, the new process still leaves a level of subjectivity, but it introduces an element of randomization among the shortlisted entries. Here’s how it will work:
- In case of abandoned contests, creatives will still be invited to nominate Best Entries in a contest (this process stays the same).
- After 2 days of Best Entry Invitation, Squadhelp team will begin shortlisting submissions from the following groups:
a) Entries that have received Best Entries nominations
b) Entries that have received “Love It” or “Like It” ratings
- Squadhelp team will shortlist upto 10 entries from the above lists based upon the quality of the submission, fit to the brief, as well as comments from the CH.
- If an entry has been shortlisted, you will see a “Thumbs Up” ( ) icon next to your entry.
- All shortlisted entries will receive 75 points as a bonus.
- A winner will be selected based upon a random pick from the list of these shortlisted entries. The winner will receive the full award prize.
We believe this solution allows an opportunity for all deserving entries to be considered even if the CH didn’t rate enough entries during the contest. At the same time, it makes the final winner selection a bit more random by allowing all top entries to have an equal chance of winning.