Can we stop 'Seen but not rated' comments?

To prove my point…overnight I had an entry get shortlisted in a contest where it was seen and not rated. This contest was almost at the 30 day closed but pending. It already had loves, likes and shortlists, but the CH hasn’t been active for a while.
And that’s why I don’t withdraw entries

3 Likes

Another scenario is, and we’ve seen this happen on several occasions; a CH posts a public message that a creative ( he/she doesn’t know who) submitted and withdrew xyz.com. In the previous set up, the creative who indeed had originally submitted xyz.com will resubmit whenever they see the message. If indeed there’s been a change, then the resubmitting becomes free for all. How’s that even fair. @LisaMac you are lucky you never have to withdraw any entries…but a lot of us have limited entries we can submit. Thus, the need to withdraw. I have luckily won twice on a no thank you, but had I had more ideas on those particular contests and not able to submit, I am sure I’d have regrettably been forced to withdraw some entries to be able to continue participating… possibly withdrawn the winning no thank yous. We are just asking for protection for the names for the duration of the contest. And it is not protection from registering the name or from entering in other contests.

4 Likes

There is also the scenario where the CH rates it NTY at the beginning, but then they completely change direction time and time again, so what they originally didn’t want (or didn’t think they wanted) changes throughout the contest and NOW that entry is in line with their new direction.

5 Likes

It took me five years to be able to have unlimited entries. But honestly I usually submit around 3 or 4. Once in a blue moon I might submit more if the CH has asked for tweaks on my own entries. After a few nty"s, I just keep it moving.
I don’t withdraw them because you have NO Recourse . Once you withdraw them, it’s as if they were never entered.
Also, we didn’t have the option to withdraw entries back when I started. We also didn’t have a marketplace, SH didn’t want to be in the domain game. Maybe changes will come to entry limit increases. Who knows.

5 Likes

I’ve never personally been guilty of mentioned ‘offense’ but I feel like complaining about it in this way (and the way the thread has progressed) isn’t gonna be doing ‘progress’ in the right direction. Especially considering you yourself a̶r̶e were apparently particularly inconvenienced by ‘Non-rated Entries’, Need personal opinions.
Seeing as this thread has only seemed to embolden the idea that the problem lies with “the creatives” and that something should be done about them I feel like you are your own worst enemy.
In fact someone had a decent suggestion in your thread Non-rated Entries proposing that CH’s shouldn’t be able to see the next entry without rating the current one. While I’m not saying that it’s necessarily the best solution or a solution at all, I like it a lot more than anything I’ve read in this thread~

1 Like

You are referencing of past posts of mine from years ago (look at the date of those) and back when I hadn’t been here so long (so didn’t have the experience that I do now, nor had seen the experiences of others that I have since) and this issue hadn’t seemed to come up in almost every contest, therefore isn’t taking several things into account or even other things that were mentioned in my post as well as others. But, I digress.

Also, editing to add, that it should be acknowledged and that I feel several people positively contributed to this thread (which by the way, I am very thankful for) and shared their experiences and ways we could address this and even shift focus to other things to helping creatives and CHs alike.

8 Likes

100% Rareworthy!
You are still one of the best contributors to this forum, too!
I am a fan and I appreciated this thread.
<3 <3

8 Likes

Yeah ok, so you aren’t anymore inconvenienced by it, so what? That’s good for you but the problem still exists for other people. Can’t you empathize with your younger self?..

1 Like

I didn’t say that I am no longer inconvenienced by it, but even my so-called ‘younger self’ was not posting messages to contests asking if we should delete seen but not rated entries. I’ve only asked this in certain cases and scenarios because it’s always been my understanding that if this is not against the rules, it comes very close to being very similar to several rules of things that are not supposed to be done. Especially within HOURS of a contest beginning and seeing this in nearly every contest after so long, I thought I would reach out to the community.

Please read my entire post and all other subsequent posts before taking much assumptions. Also if you’re going to reference post from years ago, maybe try to think how and why my opinion was what it was for those very specific topics and why it is what it is for again a very specific other topic of now five years later. Just because people are ‘inconvenienced’ by not getting ratings on their entries, that does not excuse some of the things that some of us have seen as it borders on said rules that have been referenced in this thread and it also can create several things good and bad depending on what side that you’re talking about (advantage vs. disadvantage), not only that but it’s putting more pressure on the CHs and turning attention to those specific people posting these comments in the contests (whether it be good or bad – depending on how the CH takes it).

3 Likes