Can we stop 'Seen but not rated' comments?

By the way, the thread is about abandoned contests and this one is the links of one big chain. Many creatives get upset that the customer doesn’t rate their emtries, but they need to worry when the CH doesn’t pick a winner. Our questions to the CHs will not help. This requires the educational work of the SH team. The customer should be encouraged to rate the entries and choose a winner.

11 Likes

I also think they do not reply to many questions because they do not know the question is being asked to them. Sure, we creatives, all refer to them as CH (for contest holder), but they (the Client) has no clue what “CH” is and that it is directed at them. They probably think creatives are just having a conversation with each other. If they aren’t addressed as “Client” or whatever name they used as their “Username” is, some do not understand it was a question for them. Some do answer, but I think this is a big part of why they do not respond.

4 Likes

Unless I misunderstand something, it seems SH could solve this issue by limiting the total number of entries per Creative per contest, period. Each entry could count toward the total limit, including withdrawn entries, eliminating the withdrawing/new submission loophole and “seen but not rated” question.

2 Likes

I know a whole lot of people have been against this idea for a long time. There are many who earned their number of submissions… and should not be penalized for the actions of others.

“Seen but not rated” comments on contests are from those who have not yet earned more entries. So that should be the focus. I am sure SH could do something about that. SH let a ton of people join the site who are still limited to very few entries so they ask this question. SH should fix this by limiting THEM more, not everyone. However, I understand the spirit of your suggestion and don’t mean to say anything bad to you, of all people. You have worked very hard here and you have won a lot.

PS: I think SH should “cull” the herd - honestly - restrict people below a certain % to 1 entry per contest - period, end of story

6 Likes

If someone has a “limit” of 5 entries, but can withdraw those 5 and re-submit an unlimited number of times there really is no limit. I’m not suggesting taking away number of submissions, just actually limiting to the posted limits. There are already built in ways to earn more submissions per contest with high ratings in the contest, even for newbies.

3 Likes

I’m absolutely with @Commulinks on this one. Limiting entries isn’t the solution, as the submission limit is something that we have “earned” or worked up to over time. One of my personal incentives to continue to work is keeping my ability to have the entry limit I do. It’s an incentive to continue to provide quality submissions.

5 Likes

I’m saying keep keep those earned incentive starting submission limits (which are higher for creatives who have achieved certain benchmarks over time) and make them meaningful. Make that earned limit the total limit per contest, not entries at a time. And keep the ways to earn more for any creative who gets a high rating in a contest.

2 Likes

Colleagues, we are digressing from the topic again! Nobody suggests decreasing or increasing the number of entries. It’s about respect for each other and the customer. Nobody has the right to put pressure on the CH and demand an immediate rating. It is necessary to prescribe this violation in the SH rules and punish it, as for other violations on the site.

11 Likes

Exactly! +100 :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

i don’t really support this , are you saying once you’ve exceeded your submission, you’re not allowed to submit into the contest again… regardless of you withdrawing entries.

1 Like

Truth be told, at one point or the other we’ve done that before, we’ve in one way or the other broken the rules of SH… I won’t want us to keep pointing at others mistakes… I think what needs to be done is to leave SH to take full responsibility and do what seems fit…
Nobody is talking about that creative xyz who’s always on every contest asking questions maybe for clarity, perhaps in the process seeking for limelight in the competition and she’s getting it and winning…
My point is don’t let us be biased while treating issues, and to prevent that is leaving it for SH (very competent) to decide that…

Here’s something I’ve wondered. Do the CH’s see the creatives name with the entry or just the entry name? Do they see the entries in the order they are received?
Do they see all entries submitted by a creative all at once?
@Commulinks…I know logos might be different, but do you have any insights you could share?
@,Grant…maybe you could answer this

4 Likes

Yes, we saw the creative’s name with the entry. We saw them in the order they were submitted. We did not see all entries of one creative at once unless they came in a row. We were able to sort entries. I can’t remember if we could sort by the name of the creative or not. I am fairly sure that naming contests look the same except that of course logos take more space so they don’t come in a “list” per se. We saw them 3 across, or something like that. The creative’s names linked to their profiles, too, I believe.

5 Likes

Thanks @Commulinks.
For any one that wants to know the answer to the original question…I looked up the messaging rules and it states the following:
“Any messages to CH which include a reference to the ratings are not allowed.”

6 Likes

And that’s why, when I ask a question of the CH, I always address it to “CLIENT” - Just so there’s no confusion. :wink:

9 Likes

I’m new(er) and see no option to message, but I am a bit perplexed that our names can be seen. Of course I’ve nothing to hide, but I do see how those commenting could get an upper-hand. On the other side, I assume if the comments annoyed a CH, it could also work against them.

I actually just saw a contest with not one but 4 people asking the “seen but unrated” question on one contest!! Heights!! :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

I am new here. I have seen already Viewed by CH and just assumed it didn’t grab them. I have also had several CH rate my submission with NO, THANK YOU. It’s easy to jump to irrational conclusions about what the CH might be thinking, but honestly, I feel if they actually took the time to rate with a NO, THANK YOU, it’s a good sign. Maybe my submission was so far off it pissed them off? …Or maybe they considered it for a moment and then said no, but thank you for the effort. I’m not going to waste time trying to read minds.

3 Likes

I’ve starting reporting those comments here and there.
However, I don’t do it often because I dont want to come off as a “tattle tail”
But perhaps if we all report those comments, SH will see the pattern and know it’s not just a personal thing.

That said, the creative(s) who do this are usually new and limited to only a few contests, so they focus and obsess over those same 3 contests. Creatives that have more access, don’t have the time to obsess whether a CH has rated because we have so many other contests to enter.

If those creatives would come on this forum just once and read these thoughts, they’d realize and quit, knowing they have colleagues looking at them in annoyance each time. Sorry but true. They need to be informed of what they are doing and the potential harm it’s causing. Some people don’t realize what they’re doing and need someone to gently inform them. These creatives are in their own little world. I truly think they just need a little advice and insight into what they’re doing and it will stop.

10 Likes

Thank you for sharing the report option. I’m ‘newish’ and am finding myself shocked at some I have seen. If I were a paying customer, I certainly know I would not take kindly to the pressure. Like it or not, they are in charge and go at their own pace. :pensive:

7 Likes