Can we stop 'Seen but not rated' comments?

Every contest, it seems someone … anyone has to make a comment or a question about this if not MULTIPLE. I realize that it may be more aggravating as a creative given that we see them literally all of the time in every contest almost. But, I worry about the response it draws sometimes. I wonder sometimes if it has influenced the way that CHs rate, don’t rate, if they drop out and abandon, etc. We never know, so of course, it is a concern.

Last I was aware, comments or questions about seen but not rated entries was not allowed. Maybe this has changed? Will someone let me know if this is the case?

Either way, whether it is or isn’t allowed … I don’t think that it should be. We’ve over and over again had it explained to us that CHs all have different styles, different timing issues, different factors that can play into this. I feel we should take these explanations and just let things be and see what happens. I would rather, in any and EVERY case not get a rating at all versus getting a bad rating at all or especially one that may have been influenced because the CH feels that they were hurried or pushed into taking action because creatives cannot be patient.

I understand the point that some have limited entries, some want to know where they stand, and all the arguments that can be brought to the table. But, it is something we ALL have to incur and deal with. How can we be sure that the people that ask aren’t getting more favorable or even less favorable treatment because they have asked? It is something we cannot guarantee any of the three ways whether it impacts positively, negatively, or not at all.

This has been brought up a couple of times but I feel something really should be done about it. Many of us are reading rules and policies, rereading rules and policies and expectations contained in briefs, and doing all that we can to meet CHs standards, meet SHs standards/policies/rules and a lot of us are mitigating the occasion issues here and there and still fully supporting SH even though it may be tough from time to time. But those that are trying versus those that don’t know or don’t try is making a divide. I just want everyone to have a fair shot and that includes the CHs on being able to do what they need or want to do. If we’ve had to acknowledge that things can be problems for the CH at times due to various factors … can we make it an overall recognition and acknowledgment that seeing these comments/questions can add even more issues and factors and maybe a sitewide understanding should be reached about this?

We cannot be sure how comments/questions like these can impact each individual person/entity and may make things fair for one, unfair for another, or may impact all of us when we wouldn’t want for such. That, to me, is unfair for creatives but unfair to CHs as well. Please… can we please… let CHs do what they have to do? If you’re limited … go elsewhere or withdraw and enter more. Do what you have to do, but let the CH do what they have to do or feel they are comfortable with.

9 Likes

I totally agree with you @rareworthy. In addition to what you just said, there seems to be a growing trend where some very few creatives feel they must say or ask something of the CH, even if whatever it is they are asking about us there in “black and white” in the brief; in essence, trying to also create a running commentary or worse, short of asking the CH for the actual " answer ". I, as well, get the feeling that these are tactics to draw the CHs attention to themselves and might or could influence ratings to their favour. God alone knows what they comment in their entries. I hope I haven’t broken any rules with this post, but I feel it is a concern and needs looking into. If creatives feel bothered by this, so much am sure, do the CHs

11 Likes

I went back into the articles … sure enough, there’s two articles that can apply

The second applies, in my opinion, because it’s a message of any type. Public or private, messages are to and should follow certain rules or risk action from SH. And while I take faith that SH does if and when it is caught… My point of bringing it up is to not only remind OLD and NEW creatives of this, but hopefully maybe iron out a way that this can be handled. Can we suggest there be a popup? Can we suggest that creatives have to read through help articles at certain intervals? Do we report ALL of these occurrences until the idea is finally understood? Do we BB for each contest?

I don’t know. It seems like we’re having to create a lot more work just because the rules are not known, remembered, or whatever the case. I just want it to be fair for everyone. So please, if you’re reading this thread… Read the above articles and remind yourself of these policies so that we all can be fair for each other and the CHs.

8 Likes