Can not submit entry to contest

I get message:
Since your account is new, you are only allowed to participate in few contests that are randomly assigned by SH. After 1-2 weeks, based upon the quality of your submissions, you will receive full access.
I am on SH since Oct, entered over 100 contests.!!
Dan, please look in to this.
Thank you.

5 Likes

I’m receiving the same message. Must be a glitch.

There was a temporary glitch due to a recent system update. Please let us know if it still doesn’t work.

1 Like

Thanks, Dan. It works now.

Thank you Dan, it is working.

@Dan…I hope you get Christmas off…you surely deserve time off!!

6 Likes

Hello,

We are having the same issue as listed above.

We started a contest yesterday to find a new name:(https://www.squadhelp.com/domainContest/5161/Technology_Service_Provider_Needs_A_Company/Brand_) and have opened it up to our staff also.

A few people have had the following error:
Since your account is new, you are only allowed to participate in few contests that are randomly assigned by SH. After 1-2 weeks, based upon the quality of your submissions, you will receive full access.

However other users have been able to enter with no issues (these are also new users to SH). How do we get around this please? Is there a way to allow all of our employees access to enter?

Thanks,
Lydia

Hello Lydia,

New users are assigned random contests to participate in order to ensure that the contests are run fairly. In the past, we’ve had situations where some contest holders had awarded prize to their own friends in order to work around the need to pick a winner. We had to implement several measures, such as this, to ensure that the hard work of creatives is protected and a genuine winner is selected at the end of every contest.

I am sorry about the limitation, however we do not have the ability to change the random assignment for new users.

5 Likes

@Dan Should employees be able to enter at all? Seems like they would have the advantage over us. Think I’ll pass on this contest.

4 Likes

I agree with @Tammy Employees know the culture of a company, its values and marketing strategy too well. Also they can meet and talk with the decision makers and get inside information or inside feedback on their submissions. These are significant advantages that needs to be taken into consideration. I’m passing this one too.

4 Likes

why didnt you hold the staff contest first and if you didnt find anything you liked you could hold a contest here- logical :wink:

9 Likes

I agree. Seems like staff names are already preferred.

3 Likes

Well,I had submitted two names, one got a red face,the other not rated which I withdrew.

I am sorry…maybe the intentions are good…but this contest smacks of favortism, and I will expend my energies elsewhere. Thanks.

2 Likes

I was reported and comments deleted and blocked from messaging for bringing this up in contest comments. Seems someone doesn’t want the truth to keep people from giving them names.

1 Like

It just wasnt the correct place to do it :wink:

Either way. It’s not a rule that was actually broken.

1 Like

I guess we’ll just see how everyone feels when the employee of the CH is selected as a winner

I Can not submit entry to any contest
I get message:
Since your account is new, you are only allowed to participate in few contests that are randomly assigned by SH. After 24 h, based upon the quality of your submissions, you will receive full access.
But I didn’t get any so please Help and thank you in advance.

2 Likes

same here, it won’t let me enter any of the contests

1 Like

hlo dan. im a digital artist, i put in a lot of time and perfection into a logo for a contest but how can i submit it? when i private message the contest creater, it says this : your account is not authorized for sending private messages