Best entry submissions

I was having an issue finding the button also. I looked all over the active contest page and found no button. I just had the thought that it might be my browser (Chrome), So i just went to SH thru Internet Explorer and it had the filter options on the left side of the screen. For some reason the filters only show up for a split second when i first get on the page on Chrome. Anyone else having this issue?

1 Like

Same thing here @Jacob

Thanks Jackie! When I saw your answer I knew something had to be goofy. I use Google Chrome and that whole left side does not show up at all. I can see it when I go on Internet Explorer. Hopefully theyā€™ll get it optimized for Chrome at some point .

Yep, same problem here.

@Tammy, @LuckyDuck, @Jacob: We checked in Google Chrome and the left filter section is showing. Perhaps we are not checking in the same browser version that you are using. Can you please send us your screenshot as well as the browser version you are using, so we can investigate this further.

Iā€™m using Chrome and filter section on the left is showing. Screen resolution: 1366 x 768 px.

No problems are encountered in Mozilla Firefox

Resized my Chrome to mobile screen size, filter section still showing.

you have plenty of points miveyx I donā€™t think you have to worry about losing 100 of them plus you gain at least 500 just entering contest per month, if you have a worthy name use the points

1 Like

I just emailed the screenshot and Chrome browser version which says itā€™s up to date. Thanks for your help.

Iā€™ve lost more than 100 points on best entries. Donā€™t have that luck, I guess. Oh, well, moving on.

Thanks @LuckyDuck. We were able to figure out the issue. It was related to touch screen computers. We have fixed it now. Please let us know if you still donā€™t see the filter options.

4 Likes

You guys are faster than my browser! Thanks!

5 Likes

@Jose, If I may make a friendly suggestion, why not just go thru the upcoming list of contests that need to select a winner. Thatā€™s what I do anyway. I understand the frustration you have in not receiving the notice, and you make a valid point. Though I would much prefer to rely on my own system than the system of another.

1 Like

how often do you have to look though _ how long do you get from sh saying they are picking to when they pick, do you have to look every 4 days

Thatā€™s a good questionā€¦ typically how many days between the SH best entry reminder and selection of winner? @Dan?

Iā€™m sure it says somewhere in the rules I suppose.

@kreativekim When they were announcing it on the site, we were typically given 2 days on average, that I noticed.

@Jose, Iā€™m always way ahead of the game. I go to the bottom of the list and work my way up until the contest has been closed and still not chosen a winner after two to three weeks. I check on it again in about 7 to 14 days. Whenever I have the spare time or think of it. SH moves throuh the list kinda slow. I mean picking a winner within a month is fast, itā€™s just that itā€™s an ongoing cycle that has no end. Hope that helps a little.

We send a best entry reminder 30-35 days after the contest has closed. We typically pick a winner after 2-3 days of sending the reminder.

Or is it that you give people 2-3 days to mark best entries? Then a few days to decide?