Audio in the Marketplace

Has anyone else noticed this new feature on marketplace names? IDK when it was added, I just noticed it today on one of my marketplace listings.

5 Likes

I have noticed. Well done.

1 Like

It is a good idea although I have one that is pronouncing silent letters and have heard a few others that don’t seem quite right ?? Luxe which I think would be pronounced Lux is saying Lux and then E

1 Like

Wow, that is so cool!! But since ChristyMay noticed something… I probably should check mine!
@ChristyMay - you are right about pronunciations. My name Amorene, should be pronounced with a soft A… Ahmorene. Instead it is Aymorene and doesn’t sound good that way. Another one of mind sounds strange, too. Oh well.

2 Likes

I am not a big fan of the audio as one of mine is not sounding right at all, almost offensive :open_mouth: but I am sure people know and it will get better in time.

5 Likes

Yes, it will need tweaking, for sure. I have a couple created words that are not pronounced the way I envision (which I can understand) but two that are just wrong, Like CliqueFix pronounced “Cleek Fix” and BFFcode pronounced “BfffCode” lol. Oh well, growing pains, I guess. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

meh, I’m not sure it’s necessary. People say names in their head and hear them the way they want to hear them anyway.

4 Likes

I would love it if SH would let us record it the way we envision it!

1 Like

Hi everyone!

Sorry to hear that this feature did not work as intended for some of your names. Since this is fairly new, we will be making more updates to improve this functionality.

The good news is that you can make your own adjustments to the pronunciation of names by clicking on your entry from your Marketplace dashboard. This will take you to the entry classification page where you can enter your own pronunciation in the text box titled: “How Is It Pronounced (without .com)?”.

Feel free to make multiple revisions in that section until you are happy with how the name sounds. (You will need to refresh your domain page after you update this information).

13 Likes

Thanks @Darpan this works well, after a few tries I was able to get the right sound :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you!!! That’s amazing!! I haven’t tried it yet but I definitely will. It is a really cool feature.

2 Likes

@Darpan thank you! It worked perfect on the name that wasn’t sounding quite right.

3 Likes

I have one name I can’t get right. Any ideas on how to make a u sound short like in above rather than aboove? I’ve tried so many uh ah etc and can’t get it.

2 Likes

Up - əp
Above - əˈbəv
Under - əndər

– basically use an ə

Not sure if it will take phonetics, but worth a try.

1 Like

Thank you rare. It doesn’t take phonetics like that. But for some reason I was able to fix it this time … at least it is improved because boov sounded terrible!

2 Likes

Thank you SH for the new voice options! It’s so nice that we have a choice for the “feel” and sound of our MarketPlace names.

6 Likes

Kudos to the SH Team…this is a great feature!

3 Likes