As for insiders (concerned with CH)

There is an offer how to limit their possibility of participation in contests. One known to me freelance site has the rule according to which the new user can submit ideas no sooner than month after registration. On SH it is possible to enter, for example, 2 weeks. It won’t stop all insiders, but for a quantity of such people it will become an obstacle. Not the first time I see the users registered on SH in the competition opening day as a top trending leaders (in some competitions).

I got annoyed waiting for 24 hours let alone two weeks or a month! The problem is people will register realise the waiting period and more than likely not return or go to another site. It’s a tough one to find a solution too.

2 Likes

Reciting a fellow member’s comment on a suggestion brought by @Dan:’‘I really like your idea of brand new members just getting to enter a few random contests. I think that could help eliminate any potential cheats’’.

3 Likes

It wouldn’t have bothered me a bit to have to have waited a couple of weeks. If you’re really serious about joining and being a regular participant, I don’t see what the big deal would be.

On the other hand it could end a lot of frustration, bitterness, and unfairness, that goes along with a ch cheating the system.

1 Like

I am enraged much more by deception, than possible expectation.

1 Like

I admire the effort and thought behind it, though still find little satisfaction with any solution that allows for the possibility to cheat.

3 Likes