Anyone else lost?

On the space toy contest? I mean geeze o peet, lol.

Yep.I gave up as I didn’t want anymore nahs.Not sure what he is looking for.He seems nice and said “good names” in his comments…but then it doesn’t seem like many are connecting.I love some of my names but they didn’t resonate…so I’m out.

Me too hollygirl, I am relieved to see at least there are a few liked names (not mine)lol, hope someone hits the nail on the head. .Competing with a major brand is no easy task. I was confused somewhat by his brief. Target audience seemed to have altered a tad bit after names were submitted. Test of my skills feel off the grid lol. I shall continue with others tho. .Can’t win’ em all. Just one would be nice​:wink::wink:

2 Likes

I know what you mean.Done with the wine contest too even though it just started I can see the lay of the land. Best of luck!

2 Likes

Ok…thx. I have had time to check it out. Good luck to you as well.

…sry HAVE NOT had time to look at it😕

Wow you weren’t kidding. .I just bombed out on the other contest you mentioned.

Can some one point me to the beach? This is the I am lost thread )))

3 Likes

:surfing_man:…let’s ride these waves together :grinning:

1 Like

@hollygirl They mentioned they liked winebank but don’t want names with wine or anything like vault as its ‘boring’ the also said they like domaine but don’t want vinyard ,domaine’ is a vineyard and not wine storage as they seem to think. Also vinyard is not a vineyard. Seems Tippi has figured it out so the best of luck to her :slight_smile: but that contest is not on my wave length . The toy one I kinda get but it still took lots of nahs to get there.
It’s a shame when the CH’s rate so harshly as it stops creatives having a go and therefore gives them less choice , I like the smiling face ratings but maybe on the nahs they should introduce a reason why so creatives understand the thinking behind it.

2 Likes

I agree.It’s hard when some CH’s send mixed messages,and are not consistent with what they say they want and like, and how they rate.I noticed the same discrepancy.I gave them a variety of names trying to hit the right niche…but all were rejected and I can’t take anymore hits to my percentages,so it’s not worth it to keep trying.

I agree with your assessment that the harsh ratings deter the best creatives from submitting names, so really it is counterproductive in my view, to getting the best efforts and names if you discount everyone’s efforts…as creatives will give up rather than keep getting their percentages hit.I know I do.

In some contests even though I feel I am following the brief closely, and giving good names, every submission gets a nah. It doesn’t inspire one to keep submitting.

I love the CH’s who are liberal in their scoring,and will message you if they like your name and let you know you are on the right track,or ask you to tweak it if it’s not quite right.It at least tells you where you are right,or missing the mark and where to go with it.Otherwise it’s all a shot in the dark.

2 Likes

I totally agree @hollygirl it’s worse when you add variations so no one uses the same idea then the CH rates the next day and bam !! I was just discussing this kind of thing on another post and maybe a solution

1 Like

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Just venting that’s my third close loss today, Ok all better now thanks for letting me share)

2 Likes

:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage: - me
:rage::persevere::triumph::weary::confounded::frowning::hushed::frowning:️:slightly_frowning_face::pensive::confused::neutral_face::unamused::grinning: - you
@seezall love your attitude , so glad people like you are here , it makes all the difference:

3 Likes

@Seezall…So that means tomorrow, you should have 3 close wins…right? lol! If only things were equitable in life,right?

2 Likes

I’m with you Seezall and not just for “This is the I am lost thread ))”, I just want to relax and soak in some sun instead of all this cold ass weather we have.

1 Like

actually got a break here today supposed to go up to 65 or so )) got my shorts and suntan lotion ready)

2 Likes

I stay lost these days but I live at the beach so all is wonderful when lost.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m surprised, we got up to 63° today but that was a freak of nature. I’m always in shorts though, just keeping my top half warm and I’m good.

You in philly too MM? went to new hope today always fun there?