Any insights on SH premium approval/rejection criteria?

I’m confused by the volume of rejected names given there are so many names in the premium marketplace that are arguably much weaker. I’m guessing the criteria bar for approval was much lower in the past than it is now.

Also guessing too much weight is given to aged domains. In my opinion, domain age should have little bearing as it’s also just proves no one has shown interest enough to buy it. Is it brandable should be the overwhelming factor for approval.

Examples of rejected names followed by names already in premium market.

Rejected: Theradel.com
Already in PM: Theraset.com, Therarack.com, Therablu.com

Rejected: NutriDawg.com
Already in PM: DawgSupply.com

Rejected: AmmoWolf.com
Already in PM: LeadAmmo.com, TrueAmmo.com, SolidAmmo.com

Rejected: GardenPerch.com
Already in PM: GardenPicker.com, GardenCrowd.com, GardenGlade.com

Rejected: FaveSushi.com
Already in PM: GoldSushi.com, TwistedSushi.com

You need to understand more about what reviewers are up against. This has been outlined in the forum:

reviewers are not shown what is in the marketplace that is similar
reviewers only see 4 names up against one another. If your name does not compete well against the other three,NOT what is in the marketplace already…that is a problem

You do not have the correct perspective on how this works. Resub your names when you can.

All names are competing against names that are very different than what you submitted. 1 out of 4 names get selected by a reviewer. And that means that other reviewers who may have loved your name get booted in favor of the majority…and then out of all the reviewers, there is a final answer,

2 Likes

@Commulinks thank you very much for your reply. Is there a link you could provide regarding reviewers getting 4 names at a time and picking just 1 from those? I went through dozens for forum posts but haven’t found anything with the specifics you mentioned.

I did see @grant posted this awhile back:
“Unfortunately we will not compromise the integrity of our review process - all names are reviewed independently, and will be accepted or rejected purely on the basis of the overall fit of the domain. If you submit 100 names or 10 names, it doesn’t alter the process the team uses to evaluate your individual names.”

That led/leads me to believe SH looks at each name individually not in a competition round.

If SH does do a 4 name competition that strikes me as very odd and not well thought out. I could see 4 names in similar market say soccermom vs soccerfan vs footballmom but to pit various names against one another is counter-productive. How do the 4 get selected? Is it just the order of the queue? If I submit a bunch of domains at once, am I competing against myself?

If I submitted a strong domain like soccerfan but it was up against zoo, droid and pasta then soccerfan will lose every time.

I greatly appreciate any clarity on this from those in the community as well as SH support.

2 Likes

You can learn about the review process and see a picture of one of the polls here:

1 Like

Since Brandlander answered already, I just wanted to acknowledge that I saw your post, though.

1 Like