AI-Generated Description

AI-Generated Description was free hours ago, now each requires 25 points :cry:

But other than that, it is indeed a very helpful update to creatives

4 Likes

It makes the site more interactive. The points are worth something now, weā€™ve all been building them up without being able to ā€˜spendā€™ them. It effectively makes us doing something to acculumate more points too, itā€™s a clever move :slight_smile:

I think the AI-Generated Descriptions are fabulous! Maybe a little long, and I only say that because when the CH has thousands to read itā€™s going to be difficult for them.

4 Likes

I used an AI generated description yesterday for the first time. Also I tried out a few more as samples. Wow, I was really impressed (I hadnā€™t expected to be). But I do agree that they tend to be quite wordy, and even verging into ā€œpurple proseā€ at times. I did a quick edit which I think made it more readable, but I will absolutely use them again.

6 Likes

No reason to use 25 points when you can just ask ChatGPT to do this for you for free.

5 Likes

Oh, I just noticed about the 25 points thing. I used the AI descriptions yesterday (first time) and there was no charge or points. This must have come in literally overnight. Darnā€¦ Interesting about the ChatGPT suggestion!

2 Likes

Theyā€™re just pulling from the OpenAI API. ChatGPT (also OpenAI) is based on the same language modelā€¦

That is indeed interesting. I donā€™t mind too much about using 25 points per time (not sure what else to do with the pointsā€¦). BUT, if SH is going to deduct points then I would like it to be at the point that I actually hit the Submit button and not just as soon as the description is generated. I said earlier that I had been quite impressed with the AI generated descriptions. Thatā€™s most of them, not all of them. A couple were nonsensical garbage and wouldnā€™t work for the name I was submitting, so I just deleted them and wrote my own description. Under this new points system it looks like I would be paying for something Iā€™m not using.

5 Likes

May I ask what ChatGPT and OpenAI Api means? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Maybe SH can allow 3-5 free AI-Generated Descriptions per contest???

I edit them just a tad. Some are redundant, but overall super impressed and it does a far better job than I can.

3 Likes

ChatGPT - Wikipedia

4 Likes

I love this novelty! Itā€™s a huge time saver. I use it for contests of 300 or more! great idea!

1 Like

Iā€™m still continuing to try out the generated AI descriptions for contest submissions. With the dozen or so Iā€™ve done so far, Iā€™ll say they are still impressing me. But be prepared to edit them down a bit as they can be quite wordy and occasionally redundant and repetitive. Do read them through first before hitting that Submit button, as I have been caught a couple of times by slightly odd word choice. Describing my submitted name as ā€œthe perfect moniker for your businessā€ is not exactly how I would have put it, as I consider ā€œmonikerā€ to be a fairly slang term. Still, the AI descriptions are still a really interesting addition by SH.

4 Likes

Another interesting (well, to me at any rate) fact about SHā€™s use of AI generated descriptions, is that there are no points charged if you submit a Premium SH listed name to a contest. In the last week I submitted to a contest one of my SH listed Premium names and one from another owner. In both instances, the description field was now blank (unlike previously where the SH listing description automatically uploaded into the contest submission). I could either write a contest-specific description myself or use an AI generated one with no points deducted.

1 Like

There is one issue I have discovered when choosing to generate an AI description. If another creative has already entered that name into a contest, the error message saying you cannot submit the same name comes up AFTER you have generated the AI description. That means that the 25 points have been deducted from your account BEFORE you see that message saying you cannot submit this name. There is currently no mechanism for getting a refund of those 25 points. I have already Blue-Buttoned this to SH and it has now been noted. Until this is fixed, I will just continue to write my own descriptions and not use the AI ones.

10 Likes

I agree, itā€™s one problem I also see. A similar entry by a co-creative is not shown as red which made creatives do and type a new description only then will it say it was submitted by another. Thus, creativeā€™s time and work will all be wasted

1 Like

I have an update of sorts on the issue I recently Blue-Buttoned (where the AI generated description at the cost of 25 points come before any error message saying you cannot submit this name as itā€™s already been submitted). I gave all details and Admin was able to see where the 25 points had been deducted for an entry I couldnā€™t actually submit. The 25 points were refunded (which is great, thank youā€¦) but at the moment there doesnā€™t seem to be a way to prevent this situation occuring over and over again. Just a heads up if youā€™re going to use the AI generated descriptions, you can at least get the points refunded if this happens to you.

5 Likes

I feel like this is my daily post on the AI descriptions. However, today I discovered something about them which had me doing a double-take, and wanting really to proof-read them carefully if I continue to use them. While going through SHā€™s pages on the different types of domain listings, there is a section on their new AI descriptions. The domain they show as an example is 9 characters (I counted several times) but the AI generated description says: ā€œThe domain is short, only 8 characters, making it a desirable asset for startups.ā€. So essentially AI can do a deep dive into word origins, Latin roots and related associations, but it canā€™t count properlyā€¦ So please double check if you use them for your listed domains or contest submissions!

5 Likes

LOL, true! It also canā€™t count syllables!
And one of my domains had automatic emotions put on it that were really sad words!

4 Likes

Anyone else frustrated with ai generated description for contests. Uugh. It seems to be getting worse. First of all for every name I use it for it starts out the same way. Blankity---blank.com would be a perfect name for this product, brand, ect. And then it just copies the qualities the ch is looking for word for word.

For premium market listing domain names it gives truly impressive descriptions, but for the contest names, it gets a d-. This post is not to complain, just to inform. I maybe end up saving one sentence from the entire description. I hate to keep wasting my points, but I keep hoping, the more I use it, the more it will improve. LOL. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks.

3 Likes