Additional Incentives For Contest Submissions

We are pleased to announce a new feature that will allow creatives to earn additional income while submitting other sellers’ premium domains to contests. The creatives will be able to earn up-to an additional $300 (in addition to contest award) with this feature.

This feature will also offer an opportunity for Marketplace sellers to achieve additional exposure on their premium domains.

You can read about this new feature here:

Participation in this feature is optional, and you do not need to take any action if you do not wish to offer this additional incentive for your domains.

5 Likes

Grant, thanks to the team and to you personally for this great opportunity! However, it would be great to go beyond the 300 limit. If I help a domainer provider sell their domain for 100,000, it will be very strange to receive such a humiliating commission. And the domainer himself will be glad that his domain will be sold, and is unlikely to be upset if instead of 100,000 he receives 95,000.

I’m not sure what to think of this. While I think it’s a great idea … a lot of us don’t have SH Premium Domains that even are eligible to sell for that amount … more like half in a lot of cases, that means we’re already scraping bottom of the barrel with the commission we would get as it is from the sale of most of them, the commission to the submitter then coming out of our commission total in these cases doesn’t leave us with much commission at that point. And what is equally disappointing about this is many submitters will choose lower priced domains to offer to contests, if possible, because most CHs end up rejecting these suggestions as it is, let alone if they cost higher prices. So the lower priced ones that are already would generate lower commission are then going to provide even less to the seller.

Now, I understand that this is an optional feature, and I love the idea but unsure of the worth of doing this in a lot of cases.

1 Like

Thank you SH.
Question: I am unclear about what this means on SH owned domains. Can you elaborate?

3 Likes

@Commulinks Currently this feature is available for seller owned domains. We will likely be adding an option for SH owned domains in the near future, however in that case any incentive payment will not come from seller’s share.

7 Likes

Thank you so much for letting us know. I appreciate it.

1 Like

@grant Not everyone reads this forum, or the BB pop ups.

Would it be possible to add an additional button so no one misses this?

Instant Recommendations could become “Recommendations”
My Entries stays “My Entries”
Eligible Premium Domains could become “Market”
Additional button could be “Market with Bonus”

Trying to keep the buttons smaller.

6 Likes

@grant Love what you have done with the buttons! Thanks very much.

2 Likes

Oh my God! 25 entries! … (sigh dreamily) :0)

7 Likes

LOL - You just made my day, Edukar! :blush:

7 Likes