Accessing withdrawn entries

@ Grant…I don’t know if it is possible…but is there a way to incorporate on our entries page a drop down where we can search for our withdrawn entries too, please? I find at times some of my withdrawn names get registered…but there is no way really to check or catch them, unless you happen to go by chance to the contest and see it is registered. Thanks!

3 Likes

@grant (because I am not sure yours went through :slight_smile: )

i’ve wondered this as well but I think at one time it was explained that withdrawn entries were cleared away somehow, it’s why they don’t show up in the entries page to begin with because they’re removed when you withdrawal them. I am not sure anything can be done about this, but I like this idea @hollygirl, great one!

I also wonder if there is anything else that can be done to protect IP without stumbling through the very judgy instant domain process (of which many of us are having problems with) or without having to register our own domains (many of us were drawn here not only for the creative process but because it allows for a chance at extra money here and there, which means if we need extra not all of us can afford to register domains) because IP (intellectual property) is important and we are putting our ideas out there at a risk, just wish there was a little bit more of a pillow to protect our IP at least for a bit of time or something.

You guys can “Restore” your withdrawn entries at anytime. So once a contest closes, go ahead and restore them if you want to be able to have access or see them.

4 Likes

That’s all well and good, but what if there exist ones that withdrawal for the fact of getting a low rating on a name they actually think is good because they aren’t wanting to risk keeping it active?

So don’t withdraw or just restore them before a contest ends and check them as soon as you restore.