Abandoned Contest #4978 or Last Minute Ratings?

Anyone holding out hope for Contest #4978?

I have no hope for my entries lol - it could be anything really so they havent given us a lot to go on .No ratings - I just did short words that are not drink brands already

2 Likes

Well, the contest is closed, .Looks like they’ll be spending Christmas going through 1100+ names, though. Any chance there’ll be a chosen winner under the Christmas tree in the next coming days?

I am a newbie, so some of this is confusing. I cannot understand why some answers aren’t rated, and others are rated and then the rating is later changed. I have only been on this site for a week or so, and am still trying to understand the inner workings.

2 Likes

Hi Angel, and Welcome!

Are you talking about the Name submissions in the contests? It’s the never ending question of why a CH abandons a contest (like this one did) after just rating a couple of names. . The ratings can change at the whim of the CH (contest holder), one night you can have a five star name, the next morning…the same name has now become a ‘3 star’. Frustrating!

3 Likes

Thanks for responding. I am hoping that with a little more time, things will be a little clearer.

1 Like

some they like ,some they dont, some they liked and decided they didnt when better options came along.

1 Like

I’m am new too and I entered this contest. I checked the availability of the domain and trademarks. My name was given 2 stars, then the next day the…com domain was grabbed up. Then CH changed details to no Z in place of S, old school, etc. Maybe they are just searching for domains to buy. It seems to happen

1 Like

have you checked “who is” for the buyer of the domain- you can also ask sh to check if it matches the contest holder details…you never know you may get a match :wink:

second thoughts - the contest we are talking about is only for a name , a domain was not required

Yes I know they only wanted a name, but I tend to check anyway.

@LisaMac Did you check using SH’s checker – using another contest – or on another website? Some domain-checker sites are unethical and will snap up a name by monitoring searches.

its unlikely they would buy a domain if they didnt ask for one