A Not So Early Half Retirement

Hey everybody. This isn’t an official goodbye to SH because I’ll still be participating now and then but this is a goodbye to the forum. I’ve been limiting my participation more and more (all e-mail notifications cancelled, dedicating around 1 minute per contest, starting to skip $100 contests etc.) and quitting the forum is the next step.

The main reason I’m gradually spending less time at SH is because buying and selling domains is making me much more income so financially it doesn’t make sense spending time on contests anymore. But I’ve also gotten to a point where I’m getting bored from doing this. Once in a blue moon there’s a contest that really interests me, but usually that’s not the case. I just throw in a few entries that seem like good candidates and move on because I don’t have the patience to read all of the comments that land in my inbox and cater to CHs whims.

So… good luck, everybody. You’re a brilliant bunch of creatives and SH is an awesome awesome place that helped me be a better wordsmith. I’ll still throw in a couple of entries now and then in $150-200 contests, but I won’t be in the forum anymore. Take care, keep the creative juices flowing and win a lot of contests!

4 Likes

Are you selling your own made up domains?

I hand reg some. Buy some for more $. It really depends. Domaining isn’t easy though. It takes a lot of time, research and effort and you can lose your shirt off. I see people lose tons of money all the time because they don’t know what the hell they’re doing. So anyone who wants to start doing it should be VERY VERY careful. Anyway… I’m signing off otherwise I’ll defeat the whole point of quitting the forum. All the best to you and everybody else!

Haha okay- Good Luck!

2 Likes

You may not see this, but good luck with your ventures. You were one of the most successful namers on Squadhelp (For an extended time period) and I am honored to have shared this platform with you.

2 Likes

I didn’t turn off the forum notices apparently, so I got your message (I turned them off now). Thanks, @lightless for your message. Yeah, you were here before me so I think you’re the most veteran member here now. You’ve been a great competitor and you deservedly won so many contests. If I’m not mistaken we’re the two members with the most earnings. Maybe Naynay is also up there. She’s way ahead on number of wins. Anyway… I’ll get back to my forum retirement. I landed a $XXXX sale this morning so I’m going out to partyyyy (actually my partying will probably just include icecream but that’s partying too. Sort of). Good luck and thanks again.

Come back for the Blue Moon Specials!