A night of arrogance

Ever had one of those days/nights where you go on a Squadhelp rampage with raging confidence?

You’re in the flow. You’re killing it. Entering multiple contests. You’re channelling these magical ideas from the masters who have since passed on, and they’re whispering in your ear names and domains of pure brilliance. Just as you log off and snap your laptop shut, you think to yourself: “Well, that’s gotta get me at least 2 wins for this week. That was truly an amazing session. I think my best so far in my career.”

You excitedly awaken the next morning, eagerly anticipating your results from the night before. There’s a certain skip in your scroll as your locate the appropriate page. Your mouth drops open and you gasp in disbelief. Your activity feed reveals a sea of burnt orange faces. Reality hits your ego right in the solar plexus. Confusion sets in. Coffee is needed. Followed by some deep breathing and some much needed “feel-good-again” playlists.

I bet this has never happened to anyone else. But last night and this morning, this happened to me. :wink: And tonight, I plan to do it all over again. This time, a little bit more level headed and working on my internal locus of control so I am not so mentally bruised tomorrow morning :smiley: :rofl:

28 Likes

Can I just say - I love this post???

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

You are an optimist! I experienced these feelings a couple of years ago. Now, like a zombie, I offer entries with perfected movements on the keyboard, not even hoping to win. And when I win a contest, I am not happy yet. Now my contest action is professional and without an explosion of emotions. I only get satisfaction from the domains sold.

6 Likes

… Along with a heaping helping of CHOCOLATE! :chocolate_bar:

7 Likes

I just will do both … chocolate mixed into coffee and loaded into an I.V. That should do it for awhile. Or at least, you would think it would.

@Odonata This post is great and you’re definitely not alone.

10 Likes

I love this!!:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: This week has been tough for sure, Im blaming mercury in retrograde​:sweat_smile::v:t3:

9 Likes

I get this Odonata! But enjoy those moments of absolute killing it, walking on sunshine being in the zone, it’s all real, who cares about tomorrows judgment, enjoy!

9 Likes

Dear Onandata, I believe you told me to go find a tree to get my mojo back, I did. I spent a day with colored chalk in the park leaving positive messages, painted ugly rocks for kids to find and went on the swing set at my silly age…mojo back. I find that the entries I am most sure of insert back pat, tank. Lol. I am back to constant checking. Best is when you walk away from a sea of yellows after a year and come back to that wild elusive green guy just sitting there waiting to be discovered…maybe…it was the mojo.

5 Likes

Shshshshshshsh, if we don’t talk about it,it doesn’t happen wink.

5 Likes

I. Feel. This.

My mom saw me the next day and I’m like I don’t wanna talk about it.

4 Likes

Seeing the names of those that experienced that which Onandata perfectly put into words, I at least can smile that I’m in the company with some of our best.

7 Likes

I love our little community. I always enjoy the banter too :smiley:

6 Likes

You are inspiring :heart_eyes:

I have a question please, What is the percentage of the name to reach the sale🧐