Using the messages section on contests

This is directed towards Grant… Many times, especially of late…certain creatives are using the message section to promote their own entries. In my understanding,this is not what it is for. Maybe a message needs to be made to newbies and others,to reiterate that the message section is to ask the CH specific questions about the contest,in order to receive clarity.It is not to say “Hey…look at my cool entries I just entered!” To me,that is not cool, as it looks as if one is trying to gain an unfair advantage for the CH to single out their entries. Thoughts, please?

9 Likes

I could not agree more, Holly. Report them when you see them, too. Fair is fair.

PS: I really appreciate the questions you ask in messages. You often beat me to it! Thank you.

5 Likes

The comment I posted to ch was not intended to gain favortism or unfair advantage (if this is about what I posted)? I did publicize the comment for all to see. If I crossed the line then I will be the first to apologize and will accept the consciences. No mal intentions.

3 Likes

@hollygirl - Thanks for the heads up. We’ll look into this. As @Commulinks said, the best thing to do is use the blue button on any page of Squadhelp.com to contact our support team and report the individual incidents.

1 Like

Thank you @Grant. We appreciate your continued efforts on our behalf!

3 Likes

Wasn’t referring to you,dearie.Was kind of a general comment… I know you would never do anything underhanded.You are such a sweetheart!

4 Likes

@hollygirl Thats a great observation…thanks for making it heard… p.s whenever i enter a contest late the first thing i do is check the message box… once i see Hollygirl …am always smiling cos i know u’d av asked all the questions needed for more clarification in the contests …it helps alot keep it up… i LOVE IT.

5 Likes

How sweet you are! Thanks for the kind words. We’re all in this together…so I know the more info we can get…the better chance we have of submitting appropriate names.Best of luck to you!

4 Likes

Hi everyone. Tried to post a public message to a contest holder for clarification, and think it might have ended up in the private box by accident. Could one of you nice people tell me how to do it right? Thanks!

@Dmuldawer you need to go to the top of the contest page where you will see four tabs. Brief, Entries, Messages, Contestants. Click on messages. You will be able to see other messages from creatives and the contest holder.

2 Likes

You can speak to the Squadhelp Support Team by clicking on the blue icon in the bottom right of any page on Squadhelp.com. They can walk you through this and even send a screenshot.

2 Likes