Update to Winner Selection Policy

Do you ever want to hit the love button over and over again to express how much you agree or love what they said?..Totally just happened :wink:

1 Like

Your welcome @Nelmag. I asked so I figured I’d share the answer I received

This is a very interesting thought.

What can an individual Creative do to help the CH have a great experience and fine a name (logo, tagline, etc.) that they truly love?

Excited to see your comments :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Do you think we should start another string for this?

OK, Clinks, ask and ye shall receive. :grin:

1 Like

@Commulinks

Thanks @AlwriteyThen

1 Like

Oops - I created one too, Grant :blush:

Do you want me to delete mine?

1 Like

You beat me to it :slight_smile:
I’ve deleted mine.

2 Likes

I think this helps some,

2 Likes

I was wondering if there is now a schedule for when these abandoned contest will be decided?

If there is, then one could hold winnings in their account from CH decided contests a few days to add to the smaller winnings and then withdraw them all at one time. This would prevent some of us from having $20 in our account and having to wait weeks or months for another win. Some people win often, but a majority doesn’t. And this would help everyone to know if they should wait on withdrawing funds or not.

1 Like

We will be awarding contests twice per month: once around the 15th and a second time toward the end of the month. Thank you.

6 Likes

Is this for all contests, or just the abandoned ones, Grant?

2 Likes

That just for abandoned contests

@Darpan, Honestly this change is super good for me. Ever since it has been introduced, I never win any contest from the method, but today, I had my first win which was even an accumulations of 4 contests. Now in total, I won $71 and of course it’s OK for me since I only managed to win twice before the new policy. Please @creatives, let just have patience, and am sure we will all enjoy it.
Once again, thanks for the new policy.

3 Likes

Hi
The way I understand it is if the CH doesnt pick the win will be split between the highest rating creatives and as some have pointed out this could mean much smaller winnings. It seems to me that an improvement over this would be that the split is done with how many high rated entries you have in the split…so that if you have 4 high rated as opposed to one, you get a higher percentage rate ect. in this way, the ones that feel they put alot of time into a contest feel that they’re still getting a worthy of their time reward albiet still much smaller. This also seems better for those that hit one or two high rather than being left out because they didnt have a win the previous month

3 Likes

Hi @grant :blush:. What if the award amount will go to the creative/s who has the most number of shortlisted entries considering it’s rating? Its a contest anyway. It feels a little unfair when a creative has 100+ active entries,with 10 shortlisted(LoveIt rating), plus 20 LikeIt entries(notShortlisted), and the award must be shared with other creative/s with 1 active entry, 1shortlisted Entry(LikeIt/ORT/NTY rating). Enlighten me please :blush:.

Either way, you cannot please everybody, that’s for sure. Some (like me) will say that they would prefer that SH to favor the creative with 100% ‘‘efficiency’’ (1 love/1 entry), in order to not encourage creatives to start spamming contests with dozens of entries :smiley:

9 Likes

@raresfarcas
+100 I think the same

2 Likes

This topic has been visited numerous times over the years. And after trial and error, this was the best way to award abandoned contest.
Although you can’t please all.
I’m pretty sure SHadmin doesn’t have to split abandoned contest winnings, since there are no winners.

1 Like

I Agree with you @LauraE :raising_hand_woman:. All participating creatives exerts so much effort, but it is a Contest, only One or Few will receive the compensation.