@Darpan. I have been here a little over a year and although I believe SH’s intention is to be as fair as possible to all (CH and creative), this tier system does the opposite. It’s very unfair (for the many reasons creatives have already stated above) and very insulting to the majority (60%) of creatives on this site.
It’s basically saying 40% of you are good enough, the other 60% not so much. You’re labeling people as “less than” and no one should ever be made to feel that way. No one should be stressing about percentages, ranks, etc. And no one should be excluded.
This is a crowdsourcing platform; shouldn’t the entire crowd be able to participate?
Someone with 200 wins, 75 wins, even 10 wins, should never lose their status. They’ve already proven themselves capable. Something is very wrong here. If you’re not taking into account past wins how is this merit based??? Makes no sense.
Here is something else to consider - if you can’t compete against others in the majority of the contests for high scores, how can you get your score up? Catch 22?
Why not consider leveling the playing field instead – for example - ALL creatives start with 5 entries (or whatever you think is fair for all) and if they get likes/loves, then, and only then, do they get 10 more entries. This would mean they are connecting with the CH, which is the ultimate goal, correct? And the CH wouldn’t get hit with so many names they don’t like. I’ve seen creatives submit 20+ names with no like/love. Limited to 5 entries to start, we would be more selective as to what we submit and not “blast” names, which seem to annoy some CH’s. We should all have the same advantage going in, in every contest.
A high ranked creative can submit 20+ entries off the bat, whereas the lower ranked creatives are limited to 5. So, even if their first 5, 10, 15 entries do not connect, they still have an unfair advantage of being able to keep submitting names regardless if they are hitting the mark with the CH or not. It’s a number s game, but an unfair one. .
This would also solve the problem of CH’s being bombarded by entries from the start. You may no longer need the Early Access feature because if everyone is only getting 5 entries to start, the CH will get a slower flow and won’t become so overwhelmed. And it might encourage CH’s to rate so they will get more entries if they want. If they connect right away, great, they get more entries. If they don’t, then maybe it’s not their contest.
If you really want a fair and balanced platform EVERYONE should get the same amount of initial entries and only IF they get a like/love, should they get more. Now, that’s fair.
I’m actually very surprised SH decided to go this route. I’m hoping you will re-consider and do away with the Tier system all together. Creating this division could cause many to leave.
And there is really no need for percentage rankings at all if the above becomes the standard.
Well, that’s my 2 cents.
Have a great day, all!