Styles and Types with Name Submissions

“Name comments are now required”

@Grant After the umpteenth name and comment (Most of them rejected) this will certainly start to grind and waste time, as well as cause a huge number of pointless placeholder comments just because they are required. Not all names require explanations, as some are obvious and many made up names don’t need them either. Please rethink this and leave things to the creative’s judgement.

14 Likes

Please don’t make comments mandatory!!!

11 Likes

I agree with lightless. Alot of time spent on names that (my own experience) have been rejected. Honestly don’t know if I will continue to contribute. It’s hard enough and very time consuming to hit the nail on the head sts! I’m sorry but not a fan of this requirment: (!!!

ps
I’m sure it will crimp the
Competition!

5 Likes

Not a happy namer…no offense, I won’t participate unless/ until this requirment is lifted. Good Luck to you guys!!!

@grant
What was the mindset behind this feature? What is sh seeking to accomplish? Did sh poll the ch’s for feedback? Do they want to have to read thousands of comments? Was it to discourage or enhance both creatives and ch’s? I am looking for insight to try and comprehend this new feature.

1 Like

@Grant… You put in place not too long ago the “early access” limitation so contest holders wouldn’t get inundated and overwhelmed with too many entries and end up abandoning a contest. This seems to be a complete contradiction of why you started that. Now they will get overwhelmed with not only the amount of entries they receive,now you are throwing mandatory comments on top of that. Sounds like a double whammy to me. A majority of entries need no explanation at all. It will also make them stop reading comments if they have to get one on every entry and the ones with real comments will now be lost in the sea of comments.

9 Likes

I am sure most creatives explain their more obscure, complex or excellent names? Or at least they will, if the contest holder is really interested in that entry. Not every entry needs an explanation, when most of them will be rejected regardless.

6 Likes

Yes I agree with LIghtless-- about 80% of my entries are pretty obvious as to the meaning so not sure what I will say to the CH in the comment section for many of them. And it will take twice as long to put in a name… I may have to drop out as well as the 2-3 hours a day I spend now will turn into 5 and I don’t have that much time. There will be a lot less submissions in general which may not be in the best interest of the CH.

4 Likes

Sorry but I’m not a fan of the new requirement. Most of my submissions don’t need a description. If I feel their is meaning to my entry that is not obvious, I share the details in the comment section. Most of my winning entries have never contained any info in the comment section.

4 Likes

Having the option to provide a description is great, having it be a requirement is likely to be a detriment to both creatives and contest holders. It’s not an issue of time to me, but rather one of repeating myself with names that are straightforward. For contest holders, it’s more to read and go through- ultimately aren’t they the ones who should interpret what the name means to them?

3 Likes

Hi All,

Thanks for all the prompt feedback based on your experience with Required Comments.

We have removed this feature, in response to your comments and concerns.

Enhanced communication between creatives and CHs is something that has been continuously requested by both parties. We will continue to work on new ways of improving this two way dialogue.

Thoughts?

15 Likes

Grant, Thanks so much for listening to the Creatives on the mandatory comments… you made many of us VERY happy!

8 Likes

Is there any way to enable tags to be added after a name has been entered into a contest?

@Grant…Thanks for taking away the required comments. Now is there a way to take away the dropdowns from the “my entries” page. They didn’t used to show up there, but since you made the change, they show up under every entry listed and it is very bulky on the page now. Can you un-do whatever you did and make the my entry page go back to the way it was before this happened?

Also: could we please have our total points displayed on the entry submission form, as they had been before? Thank you!

2 Likes

Grant, thanks for adding the dropdowns on Myentries so we can categorize our names more easily! that was fast! I appreciate it!

@Grant…Thanks for taking away the required comments. Now is there a way to
take away the dropdowns from the “my entries” page. They didn’t used to
show up there, but since you made the change, they show up under every
entry listed and it is very bulky on the page now. Can you un-do
whatever you did and make the my entry page go back to the way it was
before this happened?

@lightness This is available in your My Entries tab. Thanks.

@auntshommy thanks for your feedback regarding the total points on entry submission form. It is noted.

2 Likes

I’m really missing this feature! When you are submitting entries and see by the total points you got a like or love it, you know what direction to go in. Otherwise you have to keep checking your activity feed. Please add this feature back!

@Grant, I don’t mean to be nit-picky but I see a potential problem with the comment section removed to where it is now, and now just ‘withdraw’ and ‘best entry’ listed together under that drop down menu. What I mean to say that some, (like me), would go to withdraw a rejected name, only to hit the best entry option by accident. In fact, I wonder why SH should keep the best entry option, since a lot of times, your best entry may not be what the CH wants and gets rejected or a yellow face, then you’ve wasted 50 points. A lot of us don’t even use it anyway, and I think newbies would benefit because in the beginning I bet they are using it a lot and losing points and never garnering much.

Edit: I have been told by some of the creatives they indeed use the best entry option so…So just disregard what I said about it…